Trump is in

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Jun 16, 2015.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I got a buddy who now claims to be gluten intolerant. keep in mind he and I used to drink beers by the case all of 10 years ago. me thinks he would have dropped dead or something if he was really gluten intolerant. he claims he feels better at least. of course try picking out a restaurant to go to. he's not a huge **** about it, but you still feel like you have to be somewhat accommodative.

2. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

So it's full of gluten? I was feeling more autistic than normal, now I know why.

3. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Correction to above... Celiac is who gluten-free labels are specifically for. People with Crohn's can sometimes benefit from a reduced or gluten-free diet.

Those don't affect a bulk of people who participate in the gluten-free diet.

I do think that probably a lot of people do actually have a reaction to gluten but it's probably not a big enough problem to care. Why? For the same reason I still eat Thai and Indian food. Damn the consequences, this is good now.

I also just summed up why so many people are fat.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Hillary already has that role locked up across the board.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Bobby Jindal? Really? I see zero rationale for his candidacy. None. He has not one prayer of being the Republican nominee. All I can figure is that he is trying to gain familiarity on the national stage to leverage for future gigs. I guess his dream would be Jeb picking him for VEEP, though I would think that Rubio and Walker would be far more likely choices.

6. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Of the 92 people currenty in or maybe entering the GOP primary, I have wondered this about 87 or 88 of them.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

On the contrary, all he has is prayers.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Mostly, they think this because they have large egos, have been successful in getting elected previously and believe, even if the current polls show little chance for them, that they will be one of those candidates who could sell their message and rise quickly up the pecking order to gain a surprise victory, like the current occupant of the White House did. I you reach an office like governor of a state, then few realize their limitations beyond this office and tend to overrate their ability to attract voters and the amount of people who actually line up ideologically with them.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

There's probably some "Heck, if HE can, why can't I?" in there, too.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

What's too bad about the large number of candidates is that it will simply make it harder for legitimate candidates without as much name recognition to be heard. Every entrant makes it seem more likely they end up stuck with Jeb.

12. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Mitt, come on down

13. OrangeEmpire

I'm telling you, it sure seems to be trending this way.

14. OrangeEmpire

I was in tears watching Romney's boxing video.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

sadly he might still be the best option. bleh. he really would new a new direction and staff though to pull it off.

16. OrangeEmpire

He's got binders full of qualified campaign staffers

17. OrangeEmpire

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

19. OrangeEmpire

Really?

It played at a Clinton [itch bay] fest he hosted a couple weeks back.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Donald Trump bans Univision staff from his Miami golf resort

Donald Trump sent a letter to Univision CEO and president Randy Falco on Friday informing him that "no Univision officer or representative" is allowed to use his Trump National Doral, the resort and golf club immediately adjacent to Univision offices in Miami, the On Media blog has learned......

"Please be advised that under no circumstances is any officer or representative of Univision allowed to use Trump National Doral, Miamiā€”its golf courses or any of its facilities. Also, please immediately stop work and close the gate which is being constructed between our respective properties. If this is not done within one week, we will close it."....

"Please congratulate your Mexican Government officials for having made such outstanding trade deals with the United States. However, inform them that should I become President, those days are over. We are bringing jobs back to the U.S. Also, a meaningful border will be immediately created, not the laughingstock that currently exists."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media...ivision-staff-from-his-miami-golf-209570.html