tvols75 Is Among The Biggest Dumbasses I've Encountered on a Message Board

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by LawVol13, Jun 20, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It all comes down to expectations put forth and the discipline to do it.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

And to make sure this thread hasn't wandered too far off the path, the point is that the main argument for Dooley's performance to this point is that he is "changing the culture" and "making men" or whatever. If you converted his off-the-field performance to a season record, he's about 5-7 off the field too.

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Hey, he raised some money. That's what really matters. Fans need to quit worrying about championship banners and start focusing on financial statements.

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Yep, Kiffin's crew were up the players' asses about going to class with an assistant going personally around to make sure they actually attended, and shockingly, the GPA was really solid.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

That's what Stone Cold Steve Austin would say because that's the bottom line.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It's amazing how much easier college is when you go to class. It took me going the 2nd time to realize tat.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's like a secret to freshmen, but showing up 95 % of the time makes it very hard to ever fail a class.

8. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

They win because they have better players.

I don't disagree that Saban runs a more disciplined operation than Dooley. But you should have just stopped with the first sentence. They win because they have better players. Not because they put the toilet seat down after they are finished dropping deuce.

9. JayVols

I'll give the atheist an "Amen"!

10. kidbourbon

Not always true. There were some classes where I felt my hour was better spent teaching myself the material. I agree that it generally helps from sort of a public relations perspective (i.e. teacher sees you and you become a subject not an object).

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You think discipline has no part in Saban's success?

12. JayVols

I bet Saban's players have better shower discipline as well.

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Dooley is as big a fraud as has ever been a head coach in the SEC.

14. kidbourbon

On the field, sure.

15. kidbourbon

You think they could win a "masters of their domain" contest?

Now that takes discipline.

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I disagree. Saban didn't ass rape Urban Meyer Tebow's senior year because Alabama had better players. UF was the more talented team, but by all accounts there was very little discipline and lots of dissension on that team. That wasn't the case with Alabama and Nick Saban, and they absolutely housed Florida with a less talented team.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It doesn't start on the field.

18. kidbourbon

Before we go any further, what do you mean by discipline? I know what the world discipline means, but give the term some metes and bounds...a scope of applicability. Surely you are referring to on-field execution, but is that it? How else is Saban's team more disciplined?

19. JayVols

Don't know, but Saban doesn't refer to oriental horticulture as an excuse for shit either.

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I already lost earlier thinking about repopulating the world with Kelly Osborne