UCSD Speaker Asks Muslim Student to Condemn Hamas

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I don't know any portion of the Israeli government.

Jay said that Hamas wants to eradicate Israelis, and I said that such a claim could not possibly be true.

Again, I gave Hamas the benefit of the doubt.

2. Tenacious D

I'm not for crowning anyone's ass, if we're taking a straw poll on that issue.

Why would the IDF be attacking Hamas, anyway? Maybe help me understand that, and we'll work outwards from there.

I really want to understand.

3. Tenacious D

I'm going to be thoroughly disappointed if IP leaves me wallowing in my own ignorance on this one.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nobody is buying this act.

5. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

Hamas hides BEHIND their civilians.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

From the preamble of the Hamas Charter:

http://www.thejerusalemfund.org/www.../carryover/documents/charter.html?chocaid=397

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let me explain it to you your falsely ignorant and empty persona: Hamas is a product of a desperate group of people who are in every way outgunned and without recourse. They now fight through the use of any means they can, including terrible atrocities like blindly firing rockets into civilian areas, suicide (homicide) bombings, etc. Why are they desperate? Because the Palestinian people are occupied and without any recourse by the actions of the UN and western powers decades ago. The IDF has no choice but to defend its people, and so they attack the densely packed tracts of land that Palestinians are literally not allowed to leave, meaning the deaths of hundreds and thousands of innocent civilians is inevitable. This breeds more extremists in the future, as children grow up seeing Israel as murderers and conquerers to be fought.

There are no heroes in this. Pretending like there are good guys is childish and naive, yet seems to be the most popular stance of most Americans. I don't have a solution that doesn't involve a time machine. The US should have been a haven for Europe's Jews. We should have taken them all in, not set them up on top of existing groups (and yes, there were people there. Research it).

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ever looked at The Palestinian Territories on Google Earth? Serious question. It would be enlightening.

9. JayVols

I don't mean to be combative at all, and I apologize for my use of the word "defend" earlier.

However, I think everyone realizes that Israel is no saint, yet they don't seek the eradication of all Muslims. These extremist groups victimize their own civilians more than anyone else. They don't give two shits about them or any other human life. Their sole purpose is to force othrrs against their will to bow to their own. The do that the most cowardly ways by targeting DIRECTLY the most vulnerable. When the bill comes due, they victimize their own civilians by hiding among them. I can't condemn a country defending their people just because the *******s murdering innocents run and hide in schools and behind civilians. That's on the terrorists. War is hell. Don't start shit and there won't be any shit. Don't punch the biggest guy on the block in the face then run and hide all while playing the victim card. **** them. They are savages that deserve to be treated as such.

Btw, why was Gaza, The West Bank, The Golon Heights, The Sinai Peninsula all occupied by Israelis? Because Arab nations attacked Israel, got their shit pushed in and lost the territories in the process. They shouldn't cry over shit they started.

10. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

It's not as simple as we would all like it to be. Never will be. Consider this. If a small contingent of Baptists started killing Catholics on sight, a large contingent of Protestants would level maximum punishment on said Baptists. The Palestinian moderates have not did this. Why? I have my reasons.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Ding ding ding ding

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

You guys keep saying "Muslims." You mean "Palestinians."

13. JayVols

Tomato/tomahto.

The Hamas Charter is all about Islam.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is a common refrain here in the US, but looses some oomph with a little digging. There have been people and leaders who have stood up to and condemned these actions. Unfortunately, doing so tends to be bad for your health when you are confined to the Gaza Strip which is run by... Hamas. It is no different than saying "why don't people just kick those gangs out of their neighborhoods?" Just terribly naive.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, but what is Israel's official position (their current government) regarding a Palestinian State? Never gonna happen. So these folks are just going to be stateless and have to hope Israel stops occupying their land and stops annexing more territory. Because you know, Jordan and Egypt attacked 50 years ago so... something something.

Do you see what I am saying? The easiest way to undermine and destroy Hamas is to take away their cause. Create a Palestinian State. Or find a way to sort the sheep from the wolves (settle selected PALESTINIANS in the West Bank. RADICAL!)

The very sad truth is the powers in Israel don't want a real solution anymore than Hamas does. This is the paradigm they know, each side has a strategy to play. And the civilians suffer.

16. JayVols

I do, but should we give Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and California back to Mexico because it was 160 years ago? Well, I wouldn't argue giving Texas back, but I digress...

Drop the seeking the destruction of Israel part from your very existence and sit down in good faith, and I think you'll see real progress. Sure, there will be hawks in Israel that will never agree to that, but if you stop blowing shit up in Israel and murdering folks, you'll remove a lot of the support for those hawks allowing more moderate voices to drown them out. A solution could thrn be reached.

I'm not against a Palestinian State. I'm against the shitheads that use that as an excuse to murder people they don't like.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Give the terrorists what they want is your solution?

18. Tenacious D

I'm not sure what you mean, here, IP.

I'm willing and wanting to understand the issue.

19. Tenacious D

Why aren't the Palestinians allowed to leave? What is preventing their exodus?

Why don't the Palestinians simply stop attacking?

Should Israel just suffer these attacks on its people, and leave them unchallenged?

Do you, personally, find the female's response problematic in any way? If so, why? Should we practice tolerance for a view such as she agree with - to hunting down Jews?

How would you have responded to the question of whether or not you would condemn Hamas?

20. Tenacious D

Is this right, IP?

Do they hide amongst their own civilian population, simply to endanger more innocent lives, so as to ensure civilian casualties?

Is Jay correct in his assertion as to how those areas came beneath Israeli control?