Ukranian uprising: amazing pics

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 30, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

[​IMG]

This one is pretty powerful to me, clergy between the lines

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That is exactly where they should be. Proud to see it.

4. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Peace Sells But Whose Buying

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Dude was wearing a collander.

6. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

What's going on over there

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Reminded me of this one I saw. Not sure if it is in that thread:

[​IMG]

8. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

"The key issue here is President Yanukovych's decision to back away from plans that would have established free trade and furthered political cooperation between Ukraine and the EU, an agreement that was seen as a possible precursor to EU membership. Yanukovych has instead moved toward an agreement with the Russian-directed Eurasian Customs Union (ECU), which includes Russia, Belarus, and Kazakhstan at present." (Reference: The Business Insider)

I'm assuming you know the history of Russia and the Ukraine? If so, you can imagine why the population is enraged. Since Putin came to power, there have been violent clashes with the Russian military; Putin shut down the Ukraine gas supply two or three times; Putin threatened to Nuke the Ukraine if they joined NATO, etc, etc, and on and on. I imagine they feel like the President is in Putin's pocket. It would seem so.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-protests-what-you-need-to-know-2013-12#ixzz2rtRSWqRh

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

very medieval looking.

11. kidbourbon

Kinda

[​IMG]

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

it's too bad they mostly didn't spill over into Romania. Was hard-pressed to find them there.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've got you covered, bro.
    This Ukranian girl is delivering sandwiches to the protesters:

[​IMG]

14. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

That's pretty clear. Russian meddling has increased daily since the FSB failed to assassinate Yushchenko. They were able to fix the election in 2010, the current president is their guy.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

[video=youtube;fzLtF_PxbYw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLtF_PxbYw[/video]

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

All time best dgs.

17. kidbourbon

A statement that Ukranian girls are the hottest on the planet is completely reasonable. I can't stress that enough.

18. kidbourbon

She keeps the dgs on at all times.

19. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I do not know much at all about the area but it does seem odd that the country is on the brink of civil war largely over EU membership.
    And while I can imagine there is bad blood between the Ukraine and Russia there has to be a cultural and social connection with Russia that just does not exist with central and western Europe.

Of course I guess i could read the article but that is too much work

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Ukraine doesn't want to be Russia's puppet like they were during the soviet period