Ukranian uprising: amazing pics

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 30, 2014.

1. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

K. Thank you

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

We will ignore it. If it comes up we will say that it is not a binding agreement.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Russia approves use of military in Ukraine

KIEV, Ukraine (AP) — Russia executed a de facto military takeover of a strategic region in Ukraine as the parliament in Moscow gave President Vladimir Putin a green light Saturday to proceed to protect Russian interests. The newly installed government in Kiev was powerless to react to the swift takeover of Crimea by Russian troops already in Ukraine and more flown in, aided by pro-Russian Ukrainian groups.

4. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I really hate Russia.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Putin is a dangerous megalomaniac and honestly, the world needs to put down that particular rabid dog. The US cannot afford to go it alone.

6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Obama is the neutered dog with no bite. He should shut his trap.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The people of the Crimean peninsula are of Russian and Turkish descent. I'm not condoning Russia's actions, but many locals don't see this as an invasion, but rather a reunification.

8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Cold War again?

9. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I think things are angling that way

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Maybe we should invade canada

11. Richard Dick

Richard Dick New Member

IMO this is the best thing to happen to Republicans in a long time. Obama and Kerry can't do anything more than boycott the G-8 summit (ostensibly with allies), which, is weak.
    To me it feels like This entire fiasco was planned out to give the west the middle finger. I could totally see Putin moving the unmarked troops in to provoke a response from the West, only then to invade the region outright hours later. Putin's playing chess while everyone else plays checkers.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Canadians wouldn't see it as a liberation. If there were a province of Canada with people descended from Americans who had only been there a few generations, you'd have a comparison.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Many Coloradoans want a separate state too.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

You guys suck at these analogies, so I am going to make one:

If northern Mexico were populated by people of American descent, Americans living there might be interested in breaking off from Mexico and perhaps joining America if things weren't going the way they wanted to. See: The Texas Revolution.

Another example: California.

Another example: the modern state of France versus the borders of France historically.

Another example: the expansion of Germany to claim a corridor to Danzig prior to WW2.

Another example: Cyprus.

I'm not stating anything profound or making any kind of value judgement by stating it: not everyone living there sees this as an invasion.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

They think they do. They won't have any water.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If Mexico invades Texas many would not see it as an Invasion. Would that make it any less of an Invasion?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Poland, Latvia, and Lithuania have invoked article IV of the NATO charter for an emergency meeting regarding Ukraine.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Am I typing in Turkish or something? Did I claim it made it less of an invasion in any way? Nope, I just said something identical to what you just said regarding an invasion of Texas.

For Christ's sake, it is like a Pavlovian response to my posts- "must disagree!"

EDIT: Hey, I just referenced a Russian. Ironic.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Didn't go so well the first two times, although we did burn down what's now Toronto.