Ukranian uprising: amazing pics

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 30, 2014.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Many of us got pissed when the social conservatives hijacked a nonpartisan movement pushing for fiscal responsibility. Bachman an her ilk can burn for all I care.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If it wasn't for fear of what the DNC would do as a lone major party, I'd love to see the GOP fall apart.

Our political system sucks in some ways. Having only two truly relevant parties keeps you held hostage.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yeah, the two party system has its strengths, but it also has a lot of weaknesses as well.

4. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

strenghths; one hand washes the other.
    weakeness's;one hand washes the other.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There is probably a need for a 3rd moderate party. But you would have to have enough career politicians and their donors to break away to make it happen. Perot was able to make it as far as he did solely on his own $$$$$.

Given it 30 seconds thought after writing that it would have to take a few moderate billionaires who have primarily stayed out of the game to back some people to make it happen.

6. NorrisAlan

I was mostly comparing it to Europe/India where there are 103934023023 parties and you have to form a coalition with every election to even get anything done.

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

That's not necessarily a bad thing. It's easier to get multiple smaller parties to work together than 2 big ones that are just trying to hold out until they can get a majority.

8. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

yeah, it would be just as bad if it was that convoluted.

if a 3rd party could rise up and hold sway over a 3rd of the voting block things would get better, until the core politicians of the reb/dems decided to just openely join forces. but even then both sides would have to compromise to a great degree and thus at least be more moderate rather than held hostage by the lunatic fringes that seem to dictate all of our national conversations..

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

If the Tea Party was a calculated move by the GOP, it was a stroke pure genius. Forgive my storywriting ability. I'm no Tenacious D or kidbourbon on that front. I do my best work in one-on-one conversation. But I'd appreciate if you'd indulge me in my attempt, as feeble and pitiful as it may be, at explaining how the Tea Party came into being. Thanks in advance.

Deep in the GOP "Ronald Reagan is the New Jesus Bunker"
    Circa somewhere between 2006/7-2008...

"Gentlemen, come to order. I have the plan to make Democrats love us. (Murmurs and grunts of disgust/disbelief erupts from the gathering). I know. I know. It's hard to believe, but it's doable. Just hear me out..."

"You know all the idiots that we keep a muzzle on? (Group looks on in puzzlement- one guy even quietly yet audibly utters, "You mean we've been able to put dog paraphernalia on Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid?") No. No. No. No. I mean OUR idiots...you know, those that sit around rubbing their own shit on their own faces they're so stupid- the Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, Ted Cruz, Glen Beck, Louie Gohmert, Sharon Angle, Stacey Campfield types that refuse to stop spouting off their batshit crazy stuff to anyone that shoves a microphone in their faces. I mean, it's more predictable than a mosquito flying into a bug zapper. Microphone in face automatically = batshit crazy shit spewing forth like a raging unstoppable torrent." A collective "ah! I see!" comes from the gathering. "Well, I say we use them. I say we go all Clash of the Titans and "release the Kraken!" Loud protests of "Are you ****ing nuts?!, We'll get destroyed! We'll be the laughingstock political party not just in the US but in the world!" along with many other profanity-laced and various other puzzlement-tinged statements erupted from the gathering. There were even suggestions to remove the chairman and/or have him committed for psychiatric evaluation.

"Hear me out!" the chairmain roared over the din. "If we do this, the sheep...er... I mean public just may see this as a fresh start. You all know how the average American citizen just looooves shiny new things. We could even make gains in the US Congress, Governors mansions & Statehouses across America. But, you can't fool everyone all the time. Eventually, the more stable, balanced folks will see these folks for the nutjobs they are. I mean, the majority of the voting populace will eventually call bullshit on the otherworldly stuff that comes out of their mouths."

"We'll start taking a hit at that point. We'll start taking losses. The Crazies will continue to crazy. It will get bad. Really bad." The group shifts uneasily wondering just what the hook is. "It's always darkest before the dawn.", the chairman continued. "It will get soooo bad, that when we, sensible folks, start speaking out against these insolent children from the Tea Party bunch that EVERYONE will love the GOP establishment candidate- even the most radical left-wing Democrat will yearn for the pre-Tea Party days. They will be ready and willing to work with more sensible folks whose sole focus is to lower taxes in an effort to grow the economy rather be that of petulant children trying to party like it's the Spanish Inquisition or the Salem Witch Trials. Our old platform will seem more that reasonable compared to that shit...."

"So, I know it's a bit of an unorthodox strategy, but the best attacks are the ones no one sees coming. What do you guys say????" After a long pause of dead silence, a lone member of the audience rises warily to his feet and quietly states, "That idea is completely insane. But...it's so insane that it just might work." The audience erupts in a massive roar of approval. "Well then" the chairman states, "let's get this (Tea) party started....."

They've won me over.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  10. NorrisAlan

I can attest to this, but the conversation was actually pretty sparse.

11. NorrisAlan

The New Coke Theorem works well in all things.

12. JayVols

New Coke was crazier than all the Tea Party put together. I nearly had aneurysm. Went in full-blown hoarder mode.

13. JayVols

Walls are generally the only things I can get to listen to me.

14. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I'm in this group as well. The GOP kowtowing to the religious right is really killing them.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

16. Joseph Brant

17. JayVols

18. Joseph Brant

Its a passing grade

19. JayVols

And a helluva day swinging the bat...

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Perhaps the 1 was a case of a liberal media with an agenda/bias... Nah, that never happens.