Woody Allen is Alleged Pedophile - Hollywood Outraged

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Feb 4, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

You are acting like I wasn't replying directly to your comment of a victim's testimony being the evidence.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

And what are you basing this detailed analysis on? Do you speak to a lot of Hollywood members? Are you withholding evidence that would blow this thing wide open?

I'm all for nailing child molesters to walls and letting them die in the elements. But I am not for assuming guilt or getting disturbed when a mob doesn't form at the drop of a hat.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sorry, I thought we were lamenting his peers not publicly denouncing him and shutting him down professionally. Sure, let's investigate. What shall we investigate?

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It would be evidence. Otherwise they wouldn't bother to call alleged victims to the stand.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think you missed the point Tenacious was making about Hollywood types being quick to publicly denounce, but staying uncharacteristically silent about this issue.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is also the accusation. Just the accusation alone isn't enough evidence (thank goodness). I'm not saying Allen is innocent. I am saying he is innocent until proven guilty.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How much evidence was there to nail Austin Carta-Samuels to the wall?

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He asked if there was any evidence. I answered the question.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Now this is true. But that is a birds of a feather thing. They just have a really big megaphone to shout with while most people have a puny little voice in the din.

10. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

come on guys, it's not like the guy made indiana jones and the kingdom of crystal skull.

11. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

cory feldman said it's what the industry is built on.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

zing

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Wait, what constitutes Hollywood? Are they some kind of investigative body? What constitutes a sufficient amount of outrage from some amorphous group of individuals? In terms of awards, the Oscars also awarded a trophy in the late 90s to one of the snitches from the HUAC Committee.

And, I fail to see how the two relate, as they currently stand. One was a massive scandal and conspiracy of silence from one of the world's largest and most influential organizations in the world over the course of decades and on every continent in the world, sans Antarctica. The other is an accusation against one person, a famous director, without much further detail.

Am I missing something? The Catholic Church pedophilia scandal was the worst case of an organization getting left off the hook for their brazen misdeeds with a slap on the wrist in my lifetime. Any other group gets buried in the dustbin of history. Noting Tenny's obvious political bent to the question, imagine if Acorn, that unholy liberal group destroyed by lies of a right wing hatchet job, were to be accused of that sort of action.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  14. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

The best piece of evidence (for us - the public, although not necessarily the courts) is that Woody Allen's current wife was underage when she began a relationship with Allen.

The prosecutor, back in '92 or whenever the incident was, declared that there was probable cause to arrest Allen but that the investigation was botched. Not sure what that means but it has been reported that psychiatrists believed that Mia had "poisoned" Dylan against Allen - which if true might explain a flawed investigation.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I have my finger on the pulse of all things Show-bidness.

The original point of my OP was this: I find it curious that we aren't hearing a peep out of Hollywood about this, insofar as using their rather sizable and influential voice to call for some answers to a very serious allegation. The secondary point being that they all seem rather conveniently selective in when - and to what - they choose to speak for or against. Or, even feel is worthy of a mention at all.

I'm not calling for a mob of any sort, just stating my opinion that this woman's allegations of having suffered sexual abuse have seemingly gone ignored by Hollywood. And for a group who loves nothing more than taking up "the fight" for any number of causes, this seems like a prime opportunity which has this far gone curiously wasted.

I never called for a mob.

I never said the man was guilty. In fact, I argued that both she and he deserved to have some resolution to these rather serious allegations.

You may have wanted me to have said those things (badly). You may have misread what I wrote. You may be confusing my posts with someone else's. Or, you're just overreacting to anything that even hints at going against your personal political bent, however real or imagined, because you're just as blinded by the same toxic but oppositional bias that you so relish pointing out in others.

Or maybe because you're just another liberal shill, and just too stubborn to admit it, despite its obviousness to most others.

Or, maybe it's some combination of each, and you're just too arrogant to see it, or too stupid to correct it.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's really not up for debate that he married his daughter. Let's not act like he's lived an exemplary life before this recent accusation.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Hey, hey, hey!

Put the pitchfork down, fella.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Freaking hanging judge over there downing manning and support Rodgers' alternativism.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm sorry, I'm still failing to connect the two in terms of being anywhere near the same realm of equivalency. Is this the new faux moral crusade being drummed up against the evil liberals since the Christmas season has passed or is it just a slow day for trolling?

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It's mostly that Woody Allen is very likely to have done this and that the overly politically active Hollywood useless left is shockingly silent.