You Guys Won't Believe This...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 10, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Nobody's panicking. Those of us with half a clue knew from the start Dooley was a second rate piece of garbage who would surround himself with a bunch of ham and egger assistants and tank the program til the folks in charge choose to get serious about competing in the SEC. We're seeing exactly what we expected. That doesn't give cause for panic.

2. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

ok...

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Each great coach doesn't lose big games commonly. But it is common to see a great coach lose a game. But it's more fun to misinterpret to give yourself a chance to act smug.

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

What other team has sought Green's services in the last couple years?

5. hatvol96

You were acting as if the Sabans of the world having losses to the Lafayettes of the world aren't complete outliers. That's bullshit.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Green's a good coach? Fine. Let Dooley hire him. But if we've lost 3 games by October, I want Dooley gone immediately.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Rather have Spangler if these are our options.

8. Tar Volon

Or. . . I wasn't. Good try though

9. hatvol96

You're not at Navy that deep into your career if you're anything special.

10. hatvol96

Oh, so you had no [uck fay]ing point. Good job.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It really doesn't matter how good a coach they are, Dooley needs a big name to get himself some slack. Hiring La Tech's DC, regardless of how good he is, isn't going to sit well with a fanbase that feels AD as a whole is cheap.

This isn't even really about hiring a coach, it's about making a statement that Tennessee is willing to invest money in the football program

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Pretty much my take.

13. hatvol96

Exactly.

14. Tar Volon

I could simplify: an offseason's worth of ineptitude means more than one game.

Reading comprehension. Try it.

15. CardinalVol

The other side of this question is "Is this the time to invest? Or do we wait until December 2012 and really invest?"

I believe Dave Hart will invest. And if Cheek won't allow him, Cheek may be close to facing a hard reality.

16. CardinalVol

The other side of this question is "Is this the time to invest? Or do we wait until December 2012 and really invest?"

I believe Dave Hart will invest. And if Cheek won't allow him, Cheek may be close to facing a hard reality.

17. Tar Volon

By the middle of October

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Dead on, Justin.

19. hatvol96

You should try writing in something other than the garbled shit style you do before you ask others to comprehend.

Slink back to Volnation where you belong. Try that.

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't think he really needs to get a big name. The fans will probably blindly throw their support behind the new guy. The wins simply have to come next year.