You Guys Won't Believe This...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 10, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

So is Spangler, but it's not going to quiet the masses.

2. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Most fans thought 6 to 7 wins with bowl minimum, no?

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Trying to bring info to the board. If you don't want that, delete the [uck fay]ing thread. You're acting like nothing but a know-it-all [Penis].

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

All I want is for that perception and reality to mesh again....

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And it's not that far off from what the General inherited, the times considered.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

You missed the "insecure" part, which is the kicker here. If he weren't insecure, he'd hire good assistants and we probably wouldn't have much of a problem

7. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

most fans seem to think we're still just a DC away from being National Title Contenders when it comes to recruiting and coaching vacancies. Tennessee has an unbelievable history that's rich with traditions and prestige, but national perception has never put us in the same league as Alabama, USC and that upper echelon of schools like so many UT fans like to believe. We're bottom feeders right now and why would big coaches want to come to serve under someone who has struggled since he got here and still needs that big breakout season to say he deserves to actually be in a position over him?

8. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

read on. I covered it.

9. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

and you're acting like Rexvol, so who cares?

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

That describes my expectations for this season. The absolute best case miraculous scenario was 8 wins, but I was under no illusion of that actually happening.

That KY loss was the catalyst for panic. 90% of the attitudes are different without that loss.

11. Tar Volon

I thought we were dismissing him because Navy sucks at defense and let ECU break Tee Martin's record

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

That's me, bill. Got me pegged.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Correct.

Dooley has managed to take more 30+ point ass whippings than Majors, Fulmer and Kiffin combined. Those losses should not be rationalized away. Sure, Tennessee is down. However, it's not that far down. There are NFL players on both sides of the ball. Alabama shouldn't treat Tennessee the same way they treat Georgia State. LSU shouldn't treat Tennessee like McNeese State ever.

To make excuses for it, even if some are correct, is giving in to the perception that Tennessee sucks. Tennessee doesn't suck, it's just been a rudderless ship for 7 years.

The right coach will fix the problem.

14. Tar Volon

To speak just for myself, I was unmoved by that loss. Good coaches have inexcusable losses all the time. See the hackneyed Saban and ULM example. What's changing my attitude is that it's obvious that Dooley feels threatened by potential DCs.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I like Spangler a lot and he has tremendous ties to recruiting in SC. Between him and Graham we could knock out the Carolinas.

But obviously yes to your larger point.

16. Tar Volon

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Big time coaches will come. Love Lane or hate him, he assembled an All Star cast of assistants. The coaches will come if they want to work for the man in charge. Majors rode in on a NC from Pitt. Fulmer was a sought after assistant.

It begins and ends with the guy in charge right now. No one has faith in him. It's not Tennessee.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

19. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

This is me. Hiring Spangler or Green certainly don't help us close the gap on the top programs in the conference.

20. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Most fans are hoping for 8 wins next year. If you can't get assistant coaches to come coach under doodrop find a HC, pay him, and assistant coaches will come.