You Guys Won't Believe This...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 10, 2012.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

True. I just feel it was the perverbial straw on the camel. I've been wrong before and will be again I'm sure.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Comparing lawvol to Rexvol is bullshit. 90 % of info on message boards is not endemic to that board. It is the same conversations everywhere. Law didn't copy and paste a post, he shared information.

[uck fay]ing bush-league to pretend like he's acting like Rex.

3. Hubbs just posted that [penis] bumpus is a name he has heard mentioned today. Would be a great hire.

4. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Agreed.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

"The program we currently have" is the direct result of the dumbing down of standards to justify the continued employment of a fat piece of trash whose time had long since passed. If UT wants to shop in the bargain bin, it's time to lower ticket prices and join C-USA. As long as I'm paying top tier SEC prices, I'm [dadgum] well going to expect top tier coaches and results.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I would be pleased with this.

7. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I guess it was a bad attempt to lighten the mood of the board since so many are pissing themselves that Dooley supposedly interviewed a good coach, but it's pointless since it's a coach from a military academy and not a superstar name. I apologize for making light of Law constantly bringing us over the stories from VQ.

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Exactly right, hat. And now we're to the point of trying to justify hiring Spangler or Green. And the justification now is , "well, shit, Neyland came from a military academy 100 years ago, so Green must be really good."

9. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I just apologized for the joke, but you can't even freaking read. I never said that. Not even close. I'm just saying the guy's a good coach and I pointed out we hired a military academy coach at least one other time and it worked out pretty well. We're settling for a two time asst coach of the year finalist if Green is the guy. It's not like it's that bad. Come on LV, you're better than that.

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

No, you're trying and succeeding at being a total jackass. I got this off of twitter. Thought it was worth discussion. If you don't, great. Couldn't possibly give a shit.

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

"All the time?" How many games has Saban lost since his first season at Alabama? Dooley sucks. Anyone who ever believed there was ever a chance of it being otherwise was either uninformed or stupid. Period. Trying to strain logic to make it seem like his struggles are anything other than his own incompetence is silly.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am not trying to "justify" hiring anyone. If I think they can coach -- which I think Spangler can and Green has shown he is capable -- I will say that. If I think they couldn't play dead in a Western, like Bennett, I'll say that too. Would we want Randy Shannon or Kirby Smart if we could get them? Sure. But I am not going to impugn the other candidates just because I think Dooley couldn't coach at West Greene High School. If Spangler is anything like Wilcox, he'll just parlay this into a job at Georgia or some other "dream" school.

13. CardinalVol

I don't know the first thing about Green other than he's at Navy and runs a 3-4, but I watched a couple of La Tech games this year and Spangler at least looks like he could be a decent DC. Defense was holding their own vs. TCU in what I watched.

That said, the last good "under the radar" coach here (who I truly believe was and is a good coach) was an abysmal failure here. By the way, he was also about the 3rd or 4th name on the list (if not lower). And quite frankly, there is just enough talent on this team to where with a few breaks it's not totally out of the realm of possibility that they could win 9 games and the east. It's a long way from 98, but after the crap that has transpired athletic department wide the last 4 years, it would be a nice welcome change for a bit. Forgive me that with all that has transpired I just want a [uck fay]ing good football season and the psychological morale boost a Randy Shannon type hire would provide might help that happen. Green and Spangler just aren't.

14. CardinalVol

I don't know the first thing about Green other than he's at Navy and runs a 3-4, but I watched a couple of La Tech games this year and Spangler at least looks like he could be a decent DC. Defense was holding their own vs. TCU in what I watched.

That said, the last good "under the radar" coach here (who I truly believe was and is a good coach) was an abysmal failure here. By the way, he was also about the 3rd or 4th name on the list (if not lower). And quite frankly, there is just enough talent on this team to where with a few breaks it's not totally out of the realm of possibility that they could win 9 games and the east. It's a long way from 98, but after the crap that has transpired athletic department wide the last 4 years, it would be a nice welcome change for a bit. Forgive me that with all that has transpired I just want a [uck fay]ing good football season and the psychological morale boost a Randy Shannon type hire would provide might help that happen. Green and Spangler just aren't.

15. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

that's funny. I'm so glad I can visit this site and watch people totally panicking and freaking out. Somehow, it keeps me from doing the same. Again, I'm sorry for trying to lighten the mood, but I'm not sorry you can't comprehend the other stuff I wrote.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

The evidence is piled up in massive stacks at this point, I don't know why some ignore it. Kentucky loss was inexcusable. The way we lost to LSU last year is inexcusable. The inability to compete in so many games is inexcusable. Dooley being allowed to accumulate one more embarrassing loss is inexcusable.

17. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Didn't mean to group you in there, joe. Spangler's a risk, and we need a proven coach. FTR, the media guys are unanimous that Dooley elected to not contact Shannon.

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Im starting to get that Ron White feeling when he was on the plane that was losing an engine.

19. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

That's great, bill. I'm certainly not panicking nor am I going to pretend this is secretly some great hire of Green's the guy.

20. CardinalVol

People can say what they want, but contact WAS made with Shannon.