You know, I tried to defend "Brick by Brick"

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by gorockytop101, Aug 1, 2013.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Still has yet to have beaten an SEC team with a winning conference record. If he was the next Jim Harbaugh or Nick Saban, that would have happened by now.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm not claiming anything about that season, other than the fact that he won 9 games in a season at Vandy. The quality of those wins isn't really debatable. He still won them at Vandy with a sorry roster. His team beat the living hell out of a much more talented UT team.

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Still want to punch Kiffin the mouth for leaving early and Dooley for the Vandy game.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

don't like Kiffin nor that he left. Everything about Dooley blows.

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I agree. Their biggest win was probably over an Ole Miss team than also didn't beat anyone better than Mississippi St. Ole Miss benefited from Auburn and Arkansas being terrible so they were probably the most unimpressive 7 win team.

6. NashVol

NashVol New Member

I just hope Franklin & Vandy's ineptitude at football is demonstrated in abundance this season

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not trying to argue with you, because I can plainly see your heart isn't in this one, but that UT beatdown had as much to do with our guys not trying as it did Vandy's level of play.

8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I don't dislike him. Just would like to punch him once to get it out of my system.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I agree with all of this, but his resume is still solid if he does nothing else. It's a house of cards, but it can still be sold at a premium.

10. NashVol

NashVol New Member

lack of effort was the worst thing about the Dooley teams, in my opinion.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I really think we lose to Kentucky and get the first 8 loss season in program history if we didn't can his sorry ass a week prior.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He should have been fired after MSU

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Frankly, he should have been fired after UK 2011

15. This.

16. MWR

MWR Contributor

Frankly, upon closer look, he shouldn't have been hired at all.

And if you have trouble believing me, ask Jay about the Dooleywhacker.

17. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

That was a LONG drive home that day. I couldn't remember a time I felt worse at a UT fan. I was done with him after that day.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

You can't find any intelligent Vol fan who disagrees with this right now. But once he was hired, UK 2011 was the time to go.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'd like to see Dooley with Willie Martinez on his staff before I make a hasty judgment, guys

20. What, and deny us all the opportunity to watch him coach from a stool?