Racing Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, Jan 13, 2015.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

NASCAR is in the midst of a minor changing of the guard depending on who retires in the next two seasons. In addition to Gordon, Mark Martin, Jeff Burton, and Michael Waltrip have already retired. With the number of young guns available, many owners, particularly those in the lower tier are apt to start thinking of trying someone new. The sport is sponsor dollar driven, and sponsors want to see their name on a car in contention. This puts pressure on the also ran cars to become contenders or lose their funding. Teams at this level do not necessarily have to win, but they need to show they have the potential to win.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

NASCAR needs to put him back in the car, effective immediately.

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Why?

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Why not?

He should be driving Sunday.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He didn't do anything.

6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I just saw it, nevermind.

7. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

He was reinstated and made chase eligible. That's great but what are Nascar's guidelines for making someone chase eligible after missing races, other than them saying so? WWECAR

Again, I'm glad he's eligible since he shouldn't have been suspended to begin with, I'm glad Brian vickers is now healthy enough to drive. I'm glad Denny Hamlin overcame his back issues to get back in the car last year but Nascar needs to set some boundaries, say 3 races or less, for example. I have a feeling Dale Jr. could win the Daytona 500 and take the next 25 races off and they'd put him in the chase.

I guess I need to accept reality, it's an entertainment business.

8. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Not the case 615. If you win a race, you have to be in the top 30(or something in that area) in overall standings to be eligible for the chase. You can't just win, and do a start and park every wk. To be fair Vickers is ahead of Tony Stewart in points for the year. Kurt won a race last year, and struggled a lot, I forget where he was in overall standings but he was pushing high 20's if I'm not mistaken.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

About time.

10. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Good example of why it is not a good idea to pull policies out of your ass, and try to act like you have been politically correct. It is one thing to make up rules on the fly to keep the racing close, read entertaining, but quite another to do it when it affects a persons livelihood.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I agree, which is why I think NASCAR gave him the Chase waiver.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I think Tony Stewart might be done.

13. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

I think he was in the top 15 at one point today until he wrecked. I enjoyed them showing him moving people out of the way today

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Pole position.

I bet that kook is beside herself.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

What an absolute God damn joke that finish was.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

75% of the races will end the same way.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Interesting because that's about the amount I estimate the 41 will be in contention to win.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Absolutely. There is no way that NASCAR can justify going to yellow at Daytona when there was a wreck on the backstretch, but let them race back to the line today with a wreck at the start/finish line. I guaran-damn-tee that if the 41 were in second when the wreck happened, they'd have waved the yellow in a heartbeat.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Was he running the same setup as Harvick again this week?

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I never saw anything that said either way, but he's come out of the box stupid fast. It's only a matter of time before he wins a race, NASCAR be damned.