Trump is in

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Jun 16, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'd love to see a study of a millennial home owner of one who isnt. Just out of curiosity.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

the sad part is that we spent all of that money and still fundamental weak.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

http://www.bizjournals.com/albuquer...s-struggle-with-home-ownership-rates-but.html

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

The point is droski is wrong. That's the point.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

There's a lot going into that though. Young adults are staying in school longer and more people live in cities than ever before.

Plus we're coming off of a huge government caused housing bubble and the market is correcting itself

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Owning 2 or 3 homes doesn't increase the home ownership rate. You seriously think 25 year olds were buying homes in mass 20 years ago? Show me a study that shows it's at all time lows. Let's see it.

And how do old people extract wealth off of the young. Give me a specific example.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

How was I wrong? Before the Feds got involved we had the highest home ownership rate in American history. Why do you think your little article started with 2009? Coincidence?

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

There are way too many factors involved with home ownership amongst young people to draw hard conclusions about now versus twenty years ago.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

So we went from way over the historical norm to still above it. The horror!

[​IMG]

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

20 years ago the home ownership rate was lower

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I meant in general.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The older generation that you say is preventing them the opportunity to purchase a home might only have impact on 1 of the 3 reasons they are not purchasing homes.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

They are saving more than any generation and delaying life choices to purchase a home. You appear to be the one that is wrong.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

You said all-time high. You were wrong. Now you've changed your story.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

He said it was at an all-time high. It is not. Now he even admits it but spins it. Objectively, he is wrong. Why are you telling me I am wrong when he is wrong by his own graph?

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I used past tense. We've talked 50 times about why it's down from the top.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You seriously thought i was referring to today? Wow. You think i think the banks are still being able to do their thing like before? I love when you invent arguments I've clearly not made.