Trump is in

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Jun 16, 2015.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I was mainly talking about the pay. This would happen regularly to the company where I worked on a maintenance contract years ago. Same story, guys would leave chasing a few bucks an hour and would come back when the job was over or they just got tired of eating their sandwich on a pile of gravel. While it sucked for us, it also had the benefit of allowing us to cull some dead weight when things worked out that way.

2. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

This. To add, the Dem's biggest advantage is the Repub's internal strife, party's too divided

3. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Nice, Card. Aside from a couple of things I tend to agree.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You could probably draw a big plack line between numbers 5 and 6. That's pretty much where I stand. I just decided to rank all 16.

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

He showed promise, then decided to use his job as an audition for a future presidential run.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I have heard people talk about a Rubio/Kasich, but the alternative just makes so much more sense.

I know I'm biased, but I really think Kasich is the best candidate in the race.

7. CardinalVol

Yup. And I think what I liked about him goes pre-audition. I hope he could recover after his terrible reponse to SOTU addrsss, but never did.

I just liked him.

8. CardinalVol

I can be convinced of this. Please elaborate.

9. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Haley has been positioning herself nationally the entire time of her Governorship. She is a complete fraud.

10. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Strong track record. Needs more seasoning, imo, but yes, I tend to agree

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

He cut taxes, balanced the budget, filled the state's rainy-day fund, and streamlined the state government's 77 job-training programs. He proposed and signed into law a prison-sentencing reform bill. His record on jobs is terrific and he quadrupled the size of the school-choice program.He isn't perfect, he did implement Medicaid expansion through Obamacare, but overall I think he is by far the best candidate.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

The governors who didn't are fools. All they did was punish their constituents for political points.

13. CardinalVol

I don't necessarily like the expansion theoretically, but not doing this is killing rural hospitals and doctors right now. Flat out killing them.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Poll: No, Mr. President, you would not win a third term

Rasmussen Reports on Friday released a poll showing that just one third of likely U.S voters would keep President Obama in office if he ran again. Even among Democrats, only 57 percent would vote for him a third time.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...ou-would-not-win-a-third-term/article/2569345

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=DailyNewsletter

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm shocked that two right wing sources would put this out, one of which is a polling service notorious for its Republican bias, but I guarantee that Obama would soundly defeat any of the candidates on either side of the aisle out there right now were he to run again. He has far more charisma, better campaign skills and, most importantly, superior campaign organization than any candidate out there. Hell, the polls they have put Obama's approval at around 45%, yet only 30% would vote for him again? Sure. Rasmussen is such a terrible polling service.

Ironically, one of the good polling services is the one run by Fox News. My favorite parts of elections is when Fox News shows ignore their own polling service to highlight another poll that is more favorable to Republicans.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

A CEO raised his company's minimum wage to $70,000 a year, and some employees quit because of it

Maisey McMaster — once a big supporter of the plan — is one of the employees that quit. McMaster, 26, joined the company five years ago, eventually working her way up to financial manager. She put in long hours that "left little time for her husband and extended family," the Times says, but she loved the "special culture" of the place.

But while she was initially on board, helping to calculate whether the company could afford to raise salaries so drastically (the plan is a minimum of $70,000 over the course of three years), McMaster later began to have doubts.

"He gave raises to people who have the least skills and are the least equipped to do the job, and the ones who were taking on the most didn’t get much of a bump," she told the Times. A fairer plan, she told the paper, would give newer employees smaller increases, along with the chance to earn a more substantial raise with more experience.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ceo-raised-minimum-wage-70-212850113.html

17. CardinalVol

Imagine that. People that produce getting angry they are making the same as people who don't.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That's not just an issue in those states. Medicare payments haven't increased so the amount of health providers wanting to accept it is small with increasing demand.

More people have coverage but that doesn't mean they'll get more of better health care service

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

1) 70k is more than a living wage.

2) if one needs to see others financially struggle to validate one's own successes, then that is not a very good person.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It will be interesting to see how this company is doing in a few years; top talent who can make $70K anywhere leave because they don''t want to carry the load resulting in a company full of less competent workers being overpaid?!?