Russia Hacks DNC

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The hacking has already took place because she has illegally destroyed the evidence. He's just asking for someone to show the cards now.

2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

We've spoken a lot about 'bad optics' of late. This is another example. I don't believe Trump's actively advocating espionage, but the comments were wholly unnecessary. A raging fire already has the DNC enveloped; all he has to do is sit back and watch the inferno. Instead, he's squirting lighter fluid into the blaze and providing the flames a path back to himself. Unnecessary.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It's done. Everybody knows she was hacked. Her attorneys covered her up and kept her from prosecution by deleting a bunch of email. She's the criminal, not Trump. He's trying to keep that front and center and make it clear.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

No. The point, obviously, is that if Donald really wanted Russia to hack Hillary you damn sure wouldn't know about it.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You're shitting me, right? You realize that he's running for president and he's the Republican nominee? No, he's not calling the shots for the Russians, but what he says has importance and influence, particularly if he wins in November. Are we arguing now that what is said on the campaign trail is meaningless? Why are we bothering to argue their statements, at all, then?

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Not sure how it is treasonous. Not even sure how it becomes Russian. If Donald Trump suggests Russians release emails (he's assuming they have them from an earlier hack as there is nothing to currently hack at this point, the servers are offline), and the Russians release the emails, and that influences the election--that's not Russia influencing the election. That's Donald Trump influencing the election.

7. Unimane

By advocating a foreign nation continue their espionage efforts on an American political party and presidential candidate. If this was a Democratic candidate, you'd be calling them a "POS treasonous liberal so and so" and you know it. As it happens, you're on the other team, so you wrangle the argument to avoid the obvious problem with what he said.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What he has said regarding American policy has plenty of importance. When he runs for office in Russia, his comments on Russian policy will be important.

9. Unimane

Part of his American policy seems to be to push for a foreign country to spy on a political rival.

You really see no problem with this?

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

continue? It's done. He's also advocating that our civil servants follow the freaking rules so the Russians can't steal our state secrets. How about that?

The republican that won't follow the rules and wantonly hands over TS info will move me to ask for their prosecution.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Why should I? We've already been told those 30,000 emails are forever lost. He may as well have asked them to assassinate JFK.

Also, remember when there was suspicion that Obama was influencing the IRS to target Republicans. Did anyone say, "You know, Obama never publicly stated that he wanted the IRS to crush his rivals, so there's just no way he could have done this."?

12. Unimane

But, apparently, not the Republicans who want a foreign spy agency to be the investigator. And, I'll believe you'll critical of a Republican/conservative when I ever see any evidence of it.

And, yes, the way that Trump phrased it, not done.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What would they be hacking? Hillary's server is long gone.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What raging fire? Media is focusing more on Russia than the DNC.

15. Unimane

Is the existence or not relevant? Trump certainly believes so and advocates them to hack it.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Again you can't hack it if it's not there. He's advocating for it to be made public if it has been hacked.

There's a big difference in between the two.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He said, "I hope that you find them". Never said "Go Hack them".

Said the Media would reward them. Never said give them to me.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Enormous difference. There is also a huge difference In hacking an open server and a server defended by govt systems.

19. Unimane

Sounds like a very lawyerly parsing attempt, to me, but he's clearly saying that he hopes they find them, which means "keep looking".

Sounds like you all will cover for him no matter what he spouts, perhaps he really could shoot somebody in the middle of the street and lose no votes. Personally, now that I think about it, I'm happy the guy is talking since he manages to out-do Biden in gaffes. Hell, the dude started talking about Tim Kaine today and was discussing an entirely different governor. Were Hillary not a complete dud, this would be a laughable election.

20. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

Excellent analogy.
    I don't think he proposing a new cyberburglary, more of a "hey, while you're in there . . ."
    I chuckled when I heard it.