Russia Hacks DNC

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Jul 26, 2016.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

advocating?

2. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I like the, "he's just acting out because the DNC got better ratings," theory.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

that's an entirely different animal. That's hacking her as a SoS who was breaking the law. I think we should make every effort to find those 30k missing docs.

5. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I view, "Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” as public support for hacking of the Secretary of State.

6. Unimane

So, basically, you're the same type of shill on the right that you rail about for lefties. I know this might be crazy, but it might be able to separate the advocating of finding the emails for Hillary without also advocating treason to make it happen.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

who's advocating treason? She broke the law and we should expose every bit of it, especially in light of potentially making the POS our president.

How is treason a part of the deal? you're making me treasonous because I advocate exposing her treason? Are you serious?

you don't think innocuous personal issues is the real reason that the Clintons' sleazeball attorney deleted the emails? I want everyone to know about the Clinton foundation. If the emails are potential treason, then you are saying 100% for sure that she's a criminal. If not, there is nothing to hide.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

i view it as public support for taking emails that she wantonly and idiotically made available. If they are state secrets, then we wanna know. If not, they're immaterial.

9. Unimane

The key part being we, not Russia. You seriously can't differentiate? What the **** do the details of Clinton's lawyer matter towards the fact that Trump wants a foreign country to intercede in our political process? Why are you trying to weasel out of criticizing Trump for treasonous advocacy? Is it not possible for both of them to be in the wrong, to whatever degree, here?

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

why do we care who? She's the one that de facto made the emails public. I don't think he cares who intercedes. The emails, per Clinton's lawyers, are innocuous crap, so how is it treason that those would be released? How is he being treasonous? You're making no sense at all. It's just wedding schedules.

11. Unimane

So, you really see no problem with a foreign power being encouraged to interfere with our presidential election? Ok, sure. I have zero doubt that you would fashion your argument differently were it from the other side, but that's what makes you you.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Russians hacking non-Russians isn't an act of treason.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You think Trump's comments make a bit of difference? You think if he really wanted them to hack Hillary his method of conveying that message would be to tell news reporters? No, he'd do it secretly. Maybe through a private email server that he would then wipe.

14. Unimane

So, what he says doesn't matter because it was in public? He could say something like "Hey, I think we should nuke North Korea" and that shouldn't really be taken seriously because he said it in public and, if he was serious, would've kept it a secret?

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Clinton created the mess and she be the one getting hammered. I don't think anyone is encouraging them to spy, but if her handling of the secrets allowed them be stolen then they should be released.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Somehow I think people would notice if we nuked North Korea. If Russia hacks Hillary and releases her emails at Trump's behest, you could be sure that he wouldn't ask them to do that via CNN.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It's the publicity of the thing he's after because she broke the law. Why would he not keep hammering that.

18. Unimane

It's fine he's hammering it. It's not fine for him to advocate for the Russians to hack a political rival to achieve those ends.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He isn't influencing their decision to hack anymore than Jimmy Hyams is influencing UT's desire to win when he makes his weekend picks.

20. Unimane

So, if nobody notices, then it's ok? Whatever the example is, it's still not acceptable for him to advocate this. It's just another example of his utter recklessness, but this time his statements are, absolutely, borderline traitorous. So, basically, our choices in this election are "Lyin'" Hillary and "Traitor" Don.