Russia Hacks DNC

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Jul 26, 2016.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

That's been obvious since Guccifer 2.0 showed up.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Horsecrap. Taking the base premise as given is absurd.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

This **** could have pictures of her beating a kid, while kicking a dog, with Bill ejaculating on a cow in the background posted on Yahoo's front page, and half the country will still vote for her. A couple of hacked emails aren't doing shit.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

well yeah, who uses Yahoo?

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Default homepage for all VZW users soon I imagine.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I missed his presenting evidence of his claim. His twitter even links to Obama saying it is "possible".

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

How about when the sitting POTUS tells them that they'll go to the "back of the que" if they vote to leave the EU? Same?

They don't, and we don't? The Saudis are financing a sizable portion of Lyin' Crooked Hillary's campaign, last I checked. Sure about that bit about non-citizens and voting, brosuf?

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The Russians didn't hack anyone or anything - they hacked the hacker who hacked the DNC - and have no duty to keep its secrets safe.

And Wikileaks is already promising that there is more - and that it will result in Hillary being indicted. Likely, right after she is nominated.

10. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

It really doesn't matter who got them, or how; only that the content is true. Couldn't have happened to a better bunch.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did you get Tenny's Saudi evidence? Should see if there's a reward.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Are you sure about this?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/27/us/politics/spy-agency-consensus-grows-that-russia-hacked-dnc.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=a-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

13. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

14. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The key thing is that the DNC has never said the emails aren't legit. Own what you said.

15. Unimane

That's well and good and the Democrats are dealing with that fire. However, a foreign nation hacking into the files of a political party for the purposes of influencing an American presidential election, as it is appearing likely so, is a serious issue. And Trump, if he did say that "he hopes Russia finds Clinton's missing e-mails", is advocating something bordering on treason. I'm sure he did it flippantly, but he's not a regular person, he's running for president. I don't think for a moment that he's in cahoots, but that's reckless.

It doesn't absolve the Democrats and I mentioned the leaks could be a game changer for this election, but Russia trying to influence our election should be a big story.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It is just a vast Left Wing Conspiracy against Trump. (It has always worked for the Clintons).

Has proof come out that the Russian Gov't hacked the files and is trying to aid Trump, or is it still speculation?

17. Unimane

There is "little doubt", according to the U.S. officials in the article I've read, that the Russians were behind this.

Regardless, can we agree that advocating a foreign country to commit cyberspace spying on your political opponent is, at the very least, wrong? If it were Obama or Clinton advocating Russians to spy on Trump and the Republicans, no doubt there would be cries of treason on this board.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He is keeping the issue in the news. They were deleted. There is nothing to find. Unless someone already has them.

19. Unimane

Look, I'm not a great supporter of Hillary, but I am definitely a Democrat. I was critical of the contents of those e-mails, Debbie Wasserman Schultz and called Hillary monumentally stupid for hiring her for her campaign the day after she resigned for the DNC. I'm a partisan, but I recognized some things beyond the pale.

If conservatives want to retain a shred of credibility in their support of Trump, then I think that they have to, at the very minimum, say that Trump was stupid, reckless, whatever in advocating a foreign government to spy on America for his own political benefit in his press conference.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Kind of hard to say that he is advocating spying on America when he is hoping someone produces deleted email from a personal email server. My Yahoo account was hacked a few years back, I did not view it as an attack on America.