Russia Hacks DNC

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If he expects to benefit from the hack, does it make much difference that it's handed to him. He's still advocating, inviting the espionage.

2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

You can't deny it's having an impact. Trump support is growing in pretty much every poll coming out now. Part of it is convention bump, but it continues to grow through the DNC convention as well. Media may be downplaying, but this thing can't be buried.

3. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

Agreed. The Russians are no more likely to do what they've been doing for years just because trump makes a quip.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm not voting for him so I'm not covering shit for him.

He's not the one that placed national information at risk due to not following the rules and laws, and is just advocating that the information be made public if it's out there, because the public should know about it.

You're using the logic of being pissed at getting caught cheating on your wife or girlfriend because you was careless enough to leave your phone laying around and someone reads the text and passed them on.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yes because the hack happened regardless to what trump said and is only wanting the American people to be made aware of the information that Hilary put at risk to not giving a shit about the rules and laws to protect said information

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

and it shouldn't be buried. It would be malpractice for him to let this die or to let her avoid the scrutiny that she should have gotten.

7. Unimane

No, that's not the analogy. It's like advocating someone to do something illegal because another person did something careless/illegal. The rules aren't scrapped because someone else did something illegal.

8. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

And he should have said he hopes they found them.

Which makes him inartful with verb tense. His supporters should be outraged.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  9. Unimane

It's like I'm speaking a foreign language. Yeah, of course he wants the people to be aware since it helps him politically (Spare me the innocent "he only wants Americans to know"). It's a political campaign, so it's fine for him to want it out there any time he can get it. It doesn't mean that he can do it in any fashion he wants, including wanting the Russians to intercede.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Is hacking a personal server illegal by another country. They didn't hack a government one since Hilary wouldn't didn't follow the rules.

I'm sure we're hacking there's as well.. She was just arrogant and dumb enough to think that it wouldn't matter and she was right criminally but publicly is taking a beating on it.

11. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

We'll need until next week for the polls to measure this week's bounce.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I don't remember the outrage when Palin's email was hacked and posted for the World to see during her run with McCain.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Of course it helps him politically, since the person that didn't, wouldn't, or too damn stupid to follow the rules and laws of handling government information carelessly put the information at risk and most likely for her own political gain.

He should hammer the hell out of it.

14. Unimane

But, not by advocating a foreign spy agency to do it. Or, hell, actually, keep doing it. I'm not sure he's looking the worse for it by pushing for Russia. He's suddenly made the story about him doing something borderline treasonous rather than the email issue. I think the email issue will probably be the Jeremiah Wright/Bill Ayers issue where the Republicans push this relentlessly until the election and it has only moderate, at best, effect. The wikileaks thing is a far bigger issue for her.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm still confused at what Trump is encouraging the Russians to hack. The server is long gone, there's nothing left for them to hack. He simply wants them to release what they found, assuming they found/have anything. Again, there is nothing for them to hack.

16. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I don't disagree but the guy has to be smarter about it. I get he's continuing to go with what's got him here, but as he gets closer to November I feel it would be wise to work on his benefit/risk ratios. He holds the metaphorical high ground over his opponent at this point. Keep up the attack certainly, but mitigate personal risk while doing so. This is all I'm suggesting.

Perhaps he feels he's most effective slugging it out in the mud and offers the best path to victory. Seems like a lot of unnecessary risk to me.

17. vols4sure

vols4sure Member

So Clinton uses an unauthorized server as SOS, is told that it is vulnerable, continues to use the server, destroys emails she says were not work related, and now Trump asking hackers to release the emails Clinton said were personal is an act of treason and a matter of national security?

18. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Amazing how that works

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

There is nothing left to hack. The information wasn't put on a government server and her personal server has been destroyed. He's not telling them to hack anything but to only release what they did hack because of he mishandling of information.

She has said its personal information and wasn't classified or relevant to SOS duties, so how is this treasonous?

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Honestly, if the Russians do have them, I'm sure the FBI would very much like a look (probably not really, but they should be were they interested in investigating).