Post TAMU musings

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 8, 2016.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Not sure how the Gump wearing #12 for them wasn't thrown out after going helmet to helmet with Evan.

There were two times that Dobbs took helmet to helmet hits, none of them were called. Vereen was held right in front of an official, no call. Corey had a direct line to Knight's back.

We didn't lose because of the lopsided, pissed poor officiating but it certainly didn't help any.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

This is all I'm saying. Probably did hit the ground first but the initial ruling and lack of anything concrete through replay should have made it a no-brainer.

Instead...

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It was incomplete, as you said, and semantics aside.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mean, I saw it hit on the tape. I didn't "think" or "assume." I saw it. So if I were a ref reviewing, I'd say "incomplete." And I'm a damn UT homer.

5. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Gillaspia is human garbage. I wish I could fund a pet project to build a cannon that could fire him into the center of the sun.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

But on the field they ruled it an interception. Was it "indisputable" that it hit the ground?

I, personally, thought it was an incomplete pass.

7. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

It looked like it hit the ground but the camera angles weren't indisputable

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Derek Barnett telling Jumper to blitz then jumping into man coverage on the slot wr was a badass move on his part

9. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

When he wants to be, Derek Barnett may be the best defensive player in college football. He may have eight average games a year, but he'll show up when it's on national tv.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yeesh

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

8 average games? Are you ****ing kidding?

He was hurt the first four games last year and ended on a tear. He was consistently a badass his freshman year

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

"indisputable" has always been a terrible word to have in a rule for a sport. Clearly it is being disputed here. But just about everything is, or could be, especially if one uses dispute as the metric of deciding.

On the replay, i saw the ball hit turf. I'd swear to it. If I were asked if I had doubts, I'd say "no." There was one angle in particular that it seemed clear as day to me.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yup

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The problem is the wording does not always allow to make the best judgement call that can be made.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Swain's cohost was saying the game Saturday proved both UT and TAMU were elite. I'm not really sure how that would work. If neither were proven before, how does a sloppy game prove they're both elite? Honestly, if I'm A&M I'm wondering how we got 7 turnovers, extremely favorable officiating, and were lucky to win.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Elite." There's a nebulous word. Are we elite compared to Vandy, SCAR, and UK? Sure. Are we good enough to guarantee a win over any team not in the top 15? Nope.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I definitely don't think A&M is elite. Frankly, not sure many teams in college football are, at least by what comes to my mind when I think "elite"

18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Any team that gives up 700 yards of offense isn't in my mind.

19. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Tennessee has the potential to be elite if they can ever get clicking on all cylinders for 4 quarters.

....which is interesting considering we have yet to put a full game together and are still 5-1 and an overtime period away from being undefeated.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Won't matter if they drop another game. Be it now or in Atlanta.