Beer

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by USAF_Vol, Aug 16, 2011.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Founders KBS?

2. chavisut

I’ve got one triple NE IPA left.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

This doesn't seem like as good of a place to discuss beer

chavisut likes this.
  4. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I don't like fruity shit. If it's citrus or cherry or pinapple mango something, I don't like it, and if it needs fruit in it to taste good, I don't like it, either. Fruit just doesn't mix with beer to my taste.

Somebody ran a commercial some years ago about "don't fruit your beer." That's me.

kmf600 likes this.
  6. cotton

It's Miller Lite, but the point holds:

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't care far lagers and lighter anymore. There's a couple I'll drink, but I'm at the point I know what I like and don't want to venture out any further.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Sours are some of my favorites.

9. cotton

They have their place in my fridge.

It might be sacrilege, but I like Budweiser in certain situations. Hell, if the mood hits, I'll drink a Bud Lite.

10. CardinalVol

Can do Bud on occasion. Cannot do Bud Light.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I think the place I would get my growlers filled went out of business because they started selling a lot of sours.

12. chavisut

Grist just started distributing to a few places locally. Maybe they’ll eventually be available in Knox before long.

13. chavisut

Not something I get when out but I’ll drink one if wife gets a 4 pack.

14. CardinalVol

My favorite to get when I can find it is Calfkiller. Maybe the lack of adds to the allure, but I'll pretty much drink anything they set in front of me.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

There’s always one, and usually two, Calf Killers on tap at Hops and Hollers on Central. Hops also, in my opinion, is the best tap room and retail store in Knoxville, though I can admit I’m biased for a few reasons.

I find Casual Pint to be too inconsistent from store to store, which is perfectly OK as they’re independently owned. I never know if they’re going to have a bunch of shit I’ve never had, or just random stuff I’ve had or I’m not interested in at the time.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’ve had a few Grist. Very good beers.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I have both Coors Light and Miller Lite in my fridge. It’s bout impossible to pound 8% IPAs on the lake or the golf course and still be anytning that represents a coherent human being when you’re done. Every beer has a place.

I’ll avoid Bud Light at almost all cost, unless it’s 1. free or 2. my only choice.

A-Smith likes this.
  18. chavisut

They’re my favorite Nashville brewery with Iris right behind them.

Both are constantly putting out new stuff.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If it is beer, Coors light on course or water. Shinerbock if having a couple. Maybe Amstel Light. Newcastle maybe.
    Taste pepper in Bud products now. Awful. Heinekin was created by people with the inability to taste

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yep. I usually buy 2-3 4 packs and save a few. I don't really have a proper way to store them for more than a year or so, but damned if they don't get better