Beer

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by USAF_Vol, Aug 16, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I love Guinness. Love it. But there's a lot of good microbrews out there too.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

All beer sucks. Drink bourbon.

Savage Orange likes this.
  3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Not everyone is rich.

4. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Probably not. The price just keeps going up. I know what I’m gonna try when I retire lol

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

A lot of them have turned into contests to see who can squeeze the most hops into a bottle. Also, the older I get, the more they become bottles of pure heartburn.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I like irish car bombs. Not as filling and only takes a couple

7. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Old Hugo Hopfleisch?

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

this is what I've been telling people. A lot of this stuff tasted good a few years ago. Now it either tastes like perfume or causes bad reflux or indigestion. So Vodka it is for the most part.

9. cotton

Also, the "search titles only" check box seems to work exactly backwards for me.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Not it.

Someone else merge

11. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

12. cotton

Thought I was by posting the link. That merging thing is going to take like 4 minutes.

13. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

His name was Klaus. He’s been dead for years now. Was a real authority on Porsches, mainly the 356 and early 911’s. Worked at the factory for years until he immigrated here in the 1970’s.

14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I used to hate IPAs and went pretty much exclusively with porters/stouts, but they I realized that I actually like citrusy IPAs, and what I hate is just the dank West Coast stuff. Bell's Two-Hearted was the first IPA that I ever liked--it's a nice one to try if you don't otherwise like the style (Flying Mouse #4 is also good, but that's an obscure Virginia brewery that doesn't distribute outside the state). Fortunately for me, New England IPA is now it's own style, so instead of saying "I hate most IPAs, but some I like," I can just say that I don't like West Coast IPAs but am good with New England IPAs.

Still hard to beat a good imperial stout, but on a hot day, give me a Two-Hearted or similar.

TennTradition likes this.
  15. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

They used to be really good. Mellow tones and perfect carbonation. Now it's flat tasting and way over carbonated. Horrible brown ale now.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'll do it!

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

18. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro is a favorite of mine. Founders Breakfast Stout is solid too. Had many micro choices in that field as well, most of which were really good but the names escape me.

19. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

What is it you dont like? It's obviously not the hops. If you ever see Bearded Iris, grab it. Some variants are better than others but even their baseline IPAs are really, really good. Brewed out of Nashville.

20. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Did I just walk into a hipster bar....

**TDCVOL** likes this.