POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Trump's tweet storm this morning was a thing of beauty. The part about "they must be laughing their asses off in Moscow" was a master stroke. Followed by the cartoon of Wolf Blitzer 20 years in the future still looking for Russian collusion. Lol. It now correctly frames those pushing the fabricated collusion theories.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It was stupid as hell and contained about three false statements. The Russian interference was extensive, as well, which is what made them notable in this particular election. This despite some pushing this phony narrative of no effect.

The only salient point you've made today is in regards to the FBI mishandling the Cruz threat. The rest is your usual nonsense.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What made any of this Federal jurisdiction, and thus the FBI’s purview?

4. fl0at_

Trump does realize that the FBI is an executive branch, right? And that he is the head of the executive branch?

I assume he knows this.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

They got a call from someone that thought Cruz was going to kill people, you think they could at least forward them to someone that gave a [uck fay]?

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He and the person who called in the threat were more specific:

He posted - " I am going to be a professional school shooter"

The tipster - The caller reported concerns about Cruz’s “gun ownership, desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts, as well as the potential of him conducting a school shooting,” the FBI said in a statement.

kmf600 likes this.
  7. Unimane

By the FBI's own admission, the info should have been forwarded to the Miami office.

My own, useless, theory on how the matter probably worked itself out is that the FBI gets a lot of these type of tips, most of which go nowhere. The people working on these cases get inured to the numerous false leads and when an actual real one shows up, they get burned by a lackadaisical attitude they've taken towards the 99% of dead ends. I don't think it's anything as nefarious as Ben suggest. However, in the end, it doesn't matter as the responsibility for the FBI lies in taking them all seriously and dealing with these situations appropriately. If someone made a mistake here and missed the opportunity to stop Cruz, and not just someone whom will take the fall, then they need to dealt with accordingly.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I agree

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

We cannot rely on law enforcement to protect these schools. 99% of the time they arrive after the fact and deal with the aftermath (who did what, why did they do it, was anyone else involved, has the threat been neutralized, etc.).

IMO it will take a multilayered approach.
    * Law enforcement
    * Assault Rifle ban
    * Good guys with guns on campus
    * metal detectors.

10. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

It was extensive? How so?

11. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

What did I say was nefarious? I said it was incompetence in regards to missing Cruz. The nefarious part was in regards to the rampant abuse and politicization by those at the top. The leadership of the department was absent.

12. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

They looked into it. So obviously it is in their purview. They couldn't find Nikolas Cruz from his YouTube account of Nikolas Cruz. Tough job.

13. Unimane

Yes, as noted in numerous intelligence reports and other sources within the United States and Europe. The Russians notably ramped up their efforts to disrupt western democratic elections in 2014 and, as stated by a Russian source, "You have no idea how extensive these networks are in Europe ... and in the U.S., Russia has penetrated media organizations, lobbying firms, political parties, governments and militaries in all of these places."

The sheer number of agencies supporting this reality is impossible to ignore or realistically dismiss.

14. Unimane

Like the time they, almost assuredly, handed the election to Trump with the Comey letter one week priorto the vote?

15. fl0at_

That was their job. They failed to do that.

But making it out like they should have ran the investigation would be saying they should operate outside their investigative scope.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

In all sincerity, I don't think he does.

17. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Let's look at the actual findings, not the hyperventilating from deep state sources. Not much there. It wasn't extensive, it wasn't traceable to the Kremlin, it didn't even budge the needle as far as impact. Again, if you want to start prosecuting petty shit like this, Obama will be first in line meddling with Brexit vote and Israeli vote. The whole indictment was an embarrassment. As Trump said, they are laughing their asses off in Moscow. As if the Left could become more of a punch line than they already are.

18. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Last time he took charge of the FBI, by firing the Nut Job, the Left lost their minds.

19. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

There is much more to that story. They certainly didn't want to do it and sat on evidence for over a month before alerting Congress.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are the now 4 guilty pleas also horsecrap?