POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Safe to take my victory lap yet?

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

3. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

You know it is bad for the Muh Russia crowd when heavy Left Facebook executive comes out and says this was much ado about nothing.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

... or perhaps occurs razor. Deep Russian ties, spies, ties to Putin, espionage, collusion, etc. or wrote a paper for students and embellished his resume.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

There are deep Russian ties - Not to Putin though. Our intelligence agencies seem to believe he has been targeted for recruitment (perhaps unwittingly). He does seem to have an affection for Putin and is a little cookoo pro-Russian. None of that says collusion. But sounds like someone that may want to hide something or that you might want to hide if you’re the campaign, though.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Posting this here, too, as it's a particularly despicable tweet by Trump, which is no small feat.

7. TennTradition

That’s bad.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

A little surprised people thought he wouldn’t say that or that he’d be the only one capable of saying that.

justingroves likes this.
  9. TennTradition

Definitely not the only one capable.

Also not surprised.

10. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

My biggest concern when I see these is whether or not POTUS is that stupid or whether he's playing a character.

Don't get me wrong, it's gross, but I need to know that this guy is bringing more than the mindset of your uncle commenting on Facebook to the situation room.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Don’t we pretty much always have people saying something to the effect of, “Told you so. Should have listened to me and these kids wouldn’t be dead. Vote X in 2018.”?

12. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I'm being very literal with his tweet. Does he actually think the resources utilized on the Russia investigation would have stopped this school shooting?

13. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Love the tweet and it is spot on accurate. If you have a problem with the tweet, then you haven't been following the news the last few weeks. The FBI is need of major reform. Rampant abuse and corruption at the top, leading to misplaced priorities and incompetence at lower levels. All leading to missed tips that should have stopped a mass shooting.

14. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

It's gross? Come on Nancy. It's not gross that the top of FBI was politicized and misused it's power to illegally surveil Americans? During this time it has operated in an incompetent manner in which is missed tips on multiple mass shooters as well as completely botching the LV Massacre.

But yeah, Trump's tweet is gross. OK.

15. Unimane

Of course you love the tweet, as it's stupid and self-serving towards the Cult of Trump. However, there are a few problems here:

1. The FBI isn't running the Russia probe currently, Robert Mueller is.

2. No moron could believe that an organization like the FBI couldn't run concurrent investigations with 37,000 emplpoyees.

3. I doubt that the regional office of the FBI dealing with Cruz had much, if anything, to do with the Russia probe.

4. The FBI and probe has proven that Russians attempted to influence the election and it was directed from Russian authorities.

5. Trump hasn't any [uck fay]ing clue whether or not the FBI probe took anything away from the Cruz shooting, but it does demonstrate that he doesn't really care as he is a megalomaniac [vagina] who prioritizes himself above all and will use the shooting of 17 people to his personal benefit.

It was a shitty tweet that should be condemned by any person with a sense of decency. Of course, you choose the other route.

He also told about three lies in his little Twitter fit this morning, including the claim that he did not say Russia didn't interfere in the election, but you don't really give a shit that he's a pathological liar.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  16. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Both can be bad things.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

First, I'm not defending him, but could he be making a point that had the FBI been doing their job, they might have actually prevented this school shooting? They got a legitimate tip on a clearly insane person, but failed to act on it. Could we maybe have Baker acted this guy, maybe evaluate him, even show he had mental issues, not allowing him to legally purchase a gun?

18. Unimane

Trump or Ben making a point? Trump's idea that Russia interfered with this case is absurd. The idea that the FBI could have done more is warranted. I'm not sure what the FBI could have necessarily done, though, since I don't know what law Cruz actually broke before entering the school. Perhaps there is some protocol that allows the FBI to surveille clearly dangerous people, but I'm sure that is limited, as well. I think the best criticism is that it appears they didn't diligently pursue all avenues at their disposal. Rampant abuse and corruption? Ignoring threats like Cruz to pursue political agendas like Russia? To me, weak. Incompetence? Maybe.

19. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I don't remember him saying they didn't interfere. I remember the opposite, because I disagreed with him. They didn't interfere. Even if you think they interfered, you are squabbling over nut hairs on a gnat. Their interference was virtually non-existent.

20. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

He made a [uck fay]ing threat on his YouTube account named...his actual name. They said they couldn't find him. Come on. They just brought some kid in from South Carolina that did the same thing. So obviously they could so something.