2016 New Hampshire Primaries

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Feb 8, 2016.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You call them migrants, democrats call them votes.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

They used to be called illegals or illegal aliens, but that didn't support the agenda. Oh, and I'm sure there were hurt feelings. Can't have those.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's happening to Hillary again. She's getting out-ground gamed state to state. Her massive lead in Nevada is now gone. She might well lose state, and if trends continue you will. The gap is closing in South Carolina as well, but perhaps too slowly. The narrative will put her firmly on the defensive going in if she does indeed lose Nevada, though.

She doesn't get the democratic base. It's like watching a lizard alien try to impersonate a democrat sometimes. She says the words and hits the talking points, but it's cold and it comes across as means to ends.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Hate radio was claiming she had made a statement that Nevada was insignificant in the primaries because it was mostly white. I have a hard time believing that was what was said exactly, but I didn't think she'd bark like a dog either.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nevada's demographics are representative of the country as a whole. And if she keeps treating black votes like a packaged block, she's gonna start hemorrhaging those votes even faster than she already is.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mean, does she realize African Americans are 12 % of the population? That's the same as voting millennials. And the overlap between the groups is breaking Bernie hard. If she is really thinking she has a "firewall" of minority voters that will give her the election, she'll lose. If not now, later. She has to get out there and drive her supporters to go and vote. Primaries are about convictions and energy, not "preference." "Preferring" a candidate won't motivate one to go to the polls.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It's bad when SNL turns on you:

[video=youtube;OEGzR1anIDw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEGzR1anIDw[/video]

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

neither groups have voted before Obama though.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

The more narcissistic nature of millennials lends to them to continue voting better than previous generations at that age. Just my hunch.

I don't know how the black voters will turn out at all. Many don't know Sanders from Adam, and many don't seem terribly interested in the primaries. They cite "winning in November" as their focus.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't buy it. It's just a matter of age. You don't give a crap about politics. Then there also is the manner of actually getting registered, going to a polling place, etc. if you could do it online I bet voter turnout at that age would be significantly higher.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well ya, we agree on the last part.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think it's funny that a huge Clinton backer bought the Onion and runs really pro Clinton articles in it for her.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Out ground gamed? How about people know she's a disingenuous POS?

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Now the Pope calls out Trump and he responded.

Pope suggests Trump 'is not Christian

(CNN)Thrusting himself into the combative 2016 presidential campaign, Pope Francis said Thursday that GOP frontrunner Donald Trump "is not Christian" if he calls for the deportation of undocumented immigrants and pledges to build a wall between the United States and Mexico.

The Pope, who was traveling back to Rome from Mexico, where he urged the United States to address the "humanitarian crisis" on its southern border, declined to say whether American Catholics should vote for Trump.

But Francis left little doubt where he stood on the polarizing issue of immigration reform.

"A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian. This is not in the gospel," the Pope told journalists who asked his opinion on Trump's proposals to halt illegal immigration.

Trump immediately fired back on Thursday, calling Francis' comments "disgraceful."

"No leader, especially a religious leader, should have the right to question another man's religion or faith," he said in statement. Trump added that the government in Mexico, where Pope spent the past five days, has "made many disparaging remarks about me to the Pope."

"If and when the Vatican is attacked by ISIS, which as everyone knows is ISIS's ultimate trophy, I can promise you that the Pope would have only wished and prayed that Donald Trump would have been president," Trump added.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/18/politics/pope-francis-trump-christian-wall/index.html

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The Pope needs to read John 8 before he starts getting called Pharisee Francis.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Rubio Campaign Fires Back at Cruz Over Photoshopped Image

Marco Rubio’s campaign is firing back at Ted Cruz over a new website that includes a Photoshopped image of the Florida senator appearing to shake the hand of President Obama.

Rubio senior advisor Todd Harris gathered reporters at the rear of a Rubio campaign rally in Greenville, Thursday morning to hand out copies of the photo and to cast Cruz’s campaign as “desperate.”

“This is not Marco Rubio,” Harris said, gesturing to the photo. “This person, we don’t know who that is, but they Photoshopped Marco’s face onto somebody else. This is how phony and how deceitful the Cruz campaign has become.”

Photo Shop:

[​IMG]

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Original

[​IMG]

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

is Rubio that short? Rubio strikes me as the type of guy who has a second family somewhere.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I don't think so. They just changed the heads and background on the stock photo.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is pretty lame to do. How can a Republican ever get elected if he's seen shaking a black man's hand?

I kid, I kid.