2016 New Hampshire Primaries

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Feb 8, 2016.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Read it and get back to me. One chart in the appendix being confusing hardly invalidates the study

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

And this theory of yours thst it's widely accepted is based on what? 2 studies by pro immigration sources you just looked up yesterday? Or general talking out of your arse?

Have you wondered why you could only find two studies that agreed with you? Do you have any idea how difficult this is to calculate with a bunch of people not so willing to be open about their income, whether they report it, their spending habits, etc? You desperately need to take a econometrics course clearly.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

If you spent any time at all reading up on this you'd see that I'm right.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've spent tons of times reading up on it. Where is your supposed knowledge of this coming from?

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Bump

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No, it doesn't exist.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've done dozens of economic impact studies and they were all horseshit. And that's estimating the impact of things we have concrete numbers for the imputs. Let alone trying to estimate how much people who don't want to talk to you report their income, how much they make, what they spend it on, and what the impact of them leaving the country would have on the costs of goods. Arguing there is some sort of consensus among experts with this degree of uncertainly is silliness unless the consensus is that they can't possibly generate money for their costs, because the cost side is the one that is pretty clear and we know pretty precisely that low income American citizens don't pay for themselves so why the hell would illegals be different?

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

There is no math that makes it work. Anyone serious about the issue knows fully well it's crap. The beneficiaries are those hiring and they're criminals.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Even the studies back when I was in college and at a very pro illegal immigrant university and a time when migrant farm workers were a far larger percentage of illegals showed a significant negative economic cost until you got into the fantasy realm of multipliers. Absolutely zero people in the department took the labor economists who tried to calculate this seriously.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I can agree with much of this, especially the bolded part.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

and it isn't in any way bigoted to admit that there is a problem.

The problem is massive when you have a president touting the free money train in recruiting migrants to come to the US.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The real outrage from the left should be that there are all these small business owners paying illegals under the table and therefore getting around payroll and other taxes and not supporting the poor.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree, either follow the law or change it.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think that has been, more or less, an issue on the left for quite some time, treatment and pay for the workers.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't like how the immigrants themselves are being exploited. Not by their standards, but by ours.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

this exploitation bit is absurd, when they're bursting at the seams to jump into the gig for the money offered. Supply and demand drive this train.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, that's what I said:

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

in my opinion the ones making money under the table actually end up further ahead than the ones using a fake social security number, but either way it's not ideal.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't see that as a negative though

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The cheap labor wouldn't work without the remainder of the govt gravy allowing them to live here long term.