2016 New Hampshire Primaries

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Feb 8, 2016.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

"A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian. This is not in the gospel," the Pope told journalists

Irony

[​IMG]

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not to mention the refugee crisis in Europe.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hillary leaving Nevada Caucus early. I think we can guess what that means.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The Vatican walls are a slightly different deal, though.

5. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

Ben carson can do it. Especially if he's at one of those family reunions where everyone has matching t-shirts.
    I kid also.

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Worst photoshop ever.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Built following an attack from Muslims; and fortified by an Army.

8. Unimane

An Arab army 1200 years ago and now with open doors to pretty much anyone.

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

He's too busy trying to figure out how to get all the grain out of the pyramids.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Seriously?!? There was only 1 access point for me and 99.999% of others and very few places I was allowed to go (Plaza, Museum, St Peters Basilica, Sistine Chapel). The rest of the Country is off limits and guarded by an Army to ensure compliance.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  11. Unimane

The "rest of the country" is, basically, private residences and such, though, right? Is it true or not true that anyone in Rome can just walk right into the country of Vatican City without even a passport?

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

That's like 99.99% of others. Everyone if you will. And no, they can't just walk in.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You basically get the Plaza and St Peters Basilica (enter and exit front door only). Most of the Country is Green Space and Features not open to the public (blocked by a Wall and an Army)

List of features - http://stpetersbasilica.info/vaticancity-map.htm

[​IMG]

14. Unimane

Yes, you can, pretty much. No passport or visa required.

15. Unimane

Yes, but the wall doesn't keep you out of the country, right? The public areas are accessible to anyone who comes there. The fact that you can't just wander on to anyone's private residence isn't particularly unique.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It would be like building a wall around Texas (except at the southern border) guarded by an Army and only allowing visitors to come and go to Texas but not the rest of the Country.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I certainly didn't see any panhandling gypsies like I saw in the rest of Rome

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds gross.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Now that could be an interesting line of inquiry. I haven't been, but now that you mention it you never hear about them there...

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's far more like going to a national monument than going to a seperate country. There's clearly some security that keeps undesirables away. Wish they would kept the scam tour leaders away though