Beer

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by USAF_Vol, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I bought one of those machines from Bed bath and beyond a few years ago to make coca colas for the kids but the flavors never tasted right. However, I haven't had to buy soda in years. Just have to replace a canister @ every 6 months and make pretty strong or weak soda water in 5 seconds.

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I really like the brown ale. They have a good lineup.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah it's pretty good too. Haven't had anything bad from them

4. cotton

I have a hard time getting myself, my growlers, and the good beer in the same place at the same time, and I've made a pledge not to buy any more growlers. I've got like 5 of the damned things.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Haha, I have 3 now

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Abita anything

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

how long are they fresh? there's a great microbrewery near me that only does English style ales, but only sells growlers.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Everybody will tell you something different, but I think they last 3-4 days before you pop the top. After you open it, I think 2 days max.

I think on average a growler is 3.5-4 beers depending on your glass size. I'm basically too lazy to do the math on it, but I'm sure that would tell you how many beers you need to drink in that 1-2 day period to ensure you're drinking it when it's the freshest.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I asked the brewer and he said 24 hours which seemed ridiculous to me, but I'd guess he has much higher standards than I do. to be clear these growlers aren't pressurized or anything.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

No, they aren't pressurized so to speak.

A lot of places are however offering crowlers, which are basically 32-64 ounces but the use a machine that cans the beers, giving you a little more time (7-10 days) before the beer goes flat.

11. cotton

That's about right, and a I've got a couple of different top configurations.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Yeah, 2-3 days is how long mine tastes good. They do have some with CO2 cartridges that stay pressurized longer.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

In St Louis, so I gotta give a shout out to Schlafly's stuff.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah they make a couple really solid brews.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I've been enjoying Karbach Weekend Warrior lately.

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Devil's Harvast Breakfast IPA. I don't like it.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

30A Blonde is a good beer. They started carrying it at some bars around mid tn. They started I believe out of Grayton Beach a couple years ago.

18. cotton

I'm having a Ranger Creek oatmeal pale ale, which is a style I hadn't known existed. It's rounder than an IPA and not overloaded with hops. I won't get it everyday, but I think it's awrite.

19. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I've tried a few of the Aldi 6 packs after checking some reviews, they're actually pretty decent.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I've been drinking some red Irish ales lately albeit that I drink very little and quite infrequently. Smithwick's is my favorite