Ben's Thoughts: French Election

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by ben4vols, May 2, 2017.

1. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Alt-right is a lefty boogeyman. There were a handful or morons who heiled after Trumps election, I think it was Richard Spencer's group. So the left tied alt-right to them. Richard Spencer has a very small following, just look at this DC protest a few weeks ago. I think 30 people showed up, if that. The left would have you believe there is a huge contingent of alt-right out there. In reality, that is fake news.

2. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Do you feel guilty for being white and having so much privilege? If the answer is no, then the left considers you alt-right. You are a racist. Enjoy.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I know you. You're not alt-right, so you're good. And as to the race noise, I've never once used race in any of my arguments. Ever.

I wouldn't be well received by race baiters if they knew I own a replica Confederate uniform & have participated in numerous reenactments wearing the gray.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  4. JayVols

Go **** yourself.

I mean that in the nicest way.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Economic, social, cultural, pretty much I can't think of many measurables in which they don't.

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I thought that was the jazzercize guy who's been locked in his mansion to have a sex change, but when I googled it to be sure, that isn't him. It appears he is either a white supremacist or a software engineer from Charlotte, depending on which LinkedIn you believe. Either way, I don't think I'm this.

I don't think I'm this, but you might want to ask IP.

I didn't mean to imply you were race baiting. I really don't quite understand the term, so I asked.

Do you typically end the battle alive or dead? This could make a difference.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Cotton, you are not alt right. I didn't invent the term, it was a term many self-identified with leading up to the 2016 election. I'm deeply concerned ben4vols has forgotten how he used the term mere months ago., but now claims it is a media invention by the left. I guess the alt-party line has alt-changed after the election.

8. cotton

It's been decided.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oops, I forgot that nothing is truly known. Maybe you are. Maybe I am. Maybe alt right folks don't exist. Maybe we don't exist. Far out. Or is it?

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We are all just figments of NYY's feverish fetish dreams.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

When you've done the reenactments do you stay for multiple days and duplicate the living conditions?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's not satisfied until he's spent three days in the woods with diarrhea and pink eye, with at least one chigger bite in his groin.

13. cotton

I was wondering when you'd get around to spouting some meaningless nonsense that you think is clever. Thanks for clearing it up.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's not clever when people act like something, like say a comedian vs a news pundit, are indistinguishable or unknowable? I agree.

15. cotton

No. You misunderstand. You are not clever. IP is not clever. IP is a know-it-all, but that is not the same as being clever.

Is that clear?

16. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Damn man, you can't even take a hippie joke.

17. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

You'd rather waste your time picking apart the hypothetical than addressing the actual issue. Which is fine. You aren't alone, many here try to take the argument as far away from the original point as possible.

I've enjoyed the thread anyway and respect the opinions expressed. Doesn't change how I feel. I'm not appalled by what he said, I support free speech. Which is exactly why I can only shake my head at conservative voices being suppressed and met with violence at rallies.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is clear what your views are of me. It's not clear why you believe comedians and news pundits are indistinguishable. Or why you can't see the similarity in what you say I do, and then what you do. I'm only looking for you to support why you believe comedians and news pundits are indistinguishable. You don't seem to want to.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is hypothetical about it? Did Colbert not say something you didn't like and then a discussion came up as to whether he was a comedian? That's not hypothetical, that is earlier this week.

20. JayVols

The race baiting was not directed at you. Sorry if you took it that way.

As to dying, depends. If I got tired....died. If I ran out of powder....died. If it got boring....died. At some, it's scripted. Basically count off in 5s usually. They'll say, "Alright. 1s start taking hits." and so on. Just depends. I also have a Union uniform. Portrayed both. As I gained experience, I enjoyed being Union better. The Union side, I found, typically was more interested in portraying the history as it actually happened. The Confederate side often was more interested in re-writing history. Plus, there's a significantly higher tooth count per Union soldier than Confederate.