Comey Testimony

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

"It was important to me that I personally re-assured President Trump that he was not under any personal investigation."

Someone bookmark that comment.

2. Tenacious D

If Trump wasn't under any investigation......Comey refused to publicly say so.....because it might force him to publicly say that he is, later, if by some unknown and unforeseen chance that he could be, later?!

I'm the only guy who gets why Comey was fired, and rightfully so?

All of these baseless allegations about Trump were patently false - and Comey was willing to say that to Trump privately, and on multiple occasions....but wasn't willing to say so publicly?

Checkmate.

3. Tenacious D

Did you report these feelings to AG Sessions, when asking him not to leave you alone with Trump?

Comey: No.

Uhm, ok.

4. Tenacious D

Comey used a Cornell law professor / personal friend to leak an internal FBI memo to the press.....when he heard that Trump had mentioned the possibility of a tape of their meeting?

This guy.

5. Tenacious D

Heinrich (D-NM): You (Comey) didn't have any conversations with President Trump about what to specifically do to prevent the possibility of Russia's interference in US elections?
    Comey: No, but I had multiple conversations with Obama on that subject.
    Heinrich: Ok, so Trump clearly doesn't care about Russian interference in our elections.
    Comey: *crickets*

Gosh, what other FBI-related efforts did Trump also not discuss with Comey at some point in his first 90 days in office, and across a handful of conversations they had together.....but which Comey had discussed with Obama in 3-4 years.

Clearly, by this rigorous standard, Trump doesn't likely care about music piracy. Crack cocaine. Sex trafficking. Kidnapping. Murder.

I'm ecstatic that this is being said at all, much less on network television.

6. Tenacious D

Roy Blunt is doing work.

7. Tenacious D

Paraphrased:

Blunt: On three separate instances, you offered your unsolicited opinion to President Trump that he was not under investigation.
    Comey: Correct.
    Blunt: The only question you seemed unwilling to publicly answer was as to whether or not Trump was under any investigation.
    Comey: if if if if if if if if if if if if if

8. Tenacious D

At what point does the ranking Democrat stand and begin shouting: "Nolle prosequi"?

9. Tenacious D

Aha! And now the Oval Office is also involved in this web of Presidential obstruction!

My god, how far does this Russian conspiracy go?

10. Tenacious D

King: Did you take what Trump said about Flynn to be a directive to end the investigation?
    Comey: Yes.

Random Person, 10-minutes before taking the Pre-LSAT: Mr. Comey, can I please refer to your earlier testimony, moments ago?

11. Tenacious D

Comey considered the "FBI Memos" to not actually be "FBI Memos", but only his own and personal reflections......his diary, so to speak.

This is so fantastic.

How did this guy last beyond the inaugural parade? Trump was obviously sleeping. Or golfing.

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Interesting that Comey felt as a private citizen he could tell his friends about his private conversations with the POTUS while FBI Director

13. Tenacious D

Comey Admits: Media coverage of Russian investigation is FAKE NEWS.

Wrap it up, fellas.

14. Tenacious D

True. Painfully and beautifully true.

But to even get to that level is to believe that we'll even get to that level of self-destruction.

15. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Loretta Lynch is having a bad day.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i feel like this isn't going well for the left.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I don't know if Clinton would have fired me.

Oh come on....

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Sen. Cotton: "Do you believe Donald Trump colluded with Russia?"

Comey: "That's a question I don't believe I should answer in open session."

So, yes.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Tenny, I don't think this is going as well as you think it is for Trump, although I'm not shocked you would construe it as such. To me, there are few major things of note. Comey still intimates the Russia dossier is not a done deal, as well. Also, the Russia investigation is not over, as he notes, and the Muller report will be revealing on that end.

So, unlike "checkmate" that you seem to feel has occurred, to me, it seems as if the answer is not definitive in the least. The classified hearing would be interesting to hear, it sounds. There's just enough to titillate each side, but no smoking gun for anything.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You already know both sides are going to claim victory, redemption, etc.