Comey Testimony

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I also continue to say that Kamala Harris is a future possible candidate for the Dems.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

true

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

with Clinton, he should have recommended charges according to trump and conservatives. With trump, it isn't his job to even apply charges?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tenny's perspective is fascinating. Total character assassination of Comey, who was considered to have such integrity from late October through February.

5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Comey on Russia coverage: "There have been many, many stories reportedly based on classified information...that are just dead wrong." Shocking!

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

So did comey lie about trump, or did trump lie about comey?

7. Unimane

What in the **** is McCain taking about?

8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

John McCain needs to retire.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I thought the same.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

McCain was a waste of 12+ minutes.

11. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I can see it.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I hope this is replayed on a prime time loop during sweeps week.

That's how much I've enjoyed it.

13. Tenacious D

Have you hit your head?

Go read the front page OF THIS EXACT SAME THREAD.

You've honestly gone mad.

14. Tenacious D

Bump for IP, in case he forgets how to access Page 1 of a thread.

15. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Comey was definitely impressive. Content is open to interpretation but the man was collected and projected sincerity. It was obviously a comfortable setting.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I don't think that it was worth all the hype leading up to it.

No fireworks or bombshells.

17. Tenacious D

Honestly.

The FBI is an investigative body. They can recommend anything, but prosecutorial discretion rests entirely within the DOJ.

He should have recommended dozens of charges against her - because she broke dozens of laws, and the "intent" angle was terribly unsound (another great reason why the FBI isn't tasked with assigning criminal charges). I strongly disagreed with his decision not to recommend charges, but not in his duty to make a recommendation. And he was entirely wrong for holding the press and saying so, and should have rightfully left that to AG Lynch.

Later, while serving in his role as FBI Director, he should not have released the update on a re-opening of the investigation - that should have simply and also been relayed to the AG, a well. Oh, man, how I relished and celebrated his doing so, as a Trump supporter - but it was an egregious error, nonetheless, and one which he should have known to avoid.

In the former, I hated his actions. In the latter, I loved it. But i'm just a supporter and he doesn't answer to me.

He was entirely wrong in each instance, just as Deputy AG Rosenstein wrote in his recommendation to fire him, and Trump correctly acted upon in doing just that.

18. Tenacious D

Well, none for Trump and the current Administration.

19. Unimane

Like I said, there were a number of things that are possibly problematic for Trump and his administration that were put out there today. The dossier, Sessions role in the Russia affair and a few other things I am forgetting he demurred to the classified meeting. He didn't absolve anyone or anything there. If you want to believe that this will not sting, then go ahead. The former FBI Directory, point blank, called the President a liar on multiple occasions. This isn't going away and today did little to suggest that it was.

20. Unimane

Another thing that came to me during the hearing was that Bill Clinton's ego may have cost his wife the election as he met with Jarrett on the runway.