Eat Shit, Pat Haden.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Sep 4, 2016.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Hell, Ohio State had three quarterbacks on that roster that Kiffin would have gladly exchanged Blake Sims for.

2. hatvol96

Yep, that Ohio State defense was terrible. Remember how Mariotta and that Oregon juggernaut just boat raced them the next week? I bet none of those guys ever even get drafted. Meyer needs to learn how to recruit.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

That's hilarious.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

But he threw 246 times with two monster NFL RBs and best line maybe ever? Holy dumb.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

They were getting walked over, then Mr Congeniality went to Sims the awesome to give the game back. Nice of him.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Uh, he has been in one title at AL. So were Sunseri and Muschamp.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Wasn't he the WR coach for one title with Carroll like Dooley was for Saban?

8. hatvol96

I think both titles under Carroll, I'm not engaging in the bullshit about the "stripped" championship where they beat OU by 700 points on the field, were under Kiffkisian. One might have been Chow.

9. hatvol96

Wasn't Dooley the TE coach?

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Chow left in 2005.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's right, he was. He is a WR coach now.

12. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

this is the way I see it

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't think Lane and Sark were buddies, so that seems to make it extremely likely this is business and it is about lining up the next guy.

14. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

From what I've heard they are friendly or they at least hangout outside of football

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Kiffin is a genuine offensive / QB savant. If the numbers and titles don't speak for themselves, then any number of the well-known and (largely) respected football guys who continue to seek him out, should. It doesn't mean that he is infallible, by any means, as he has a tendency to sometimes prefer to be too cute for his own good, or the need to prove how smart he is proves too strong, instead of just doing the safe and simple. But he's a legit offensive / QB guru, for sure. Is there any debate that he's the best OC in college football? If someone is better, name them, because I can't think of a single one.

And he's going to get another chance at a HC gig, well, because some AD will be willing to take a flier at some point, once the USC debacle is far enough into the past, and with enough time with Saban so as to appear rehabilitated from the frat-boy persona and associated antics at USC, TN, Oakland, etc. Or, the appeal of an ace-recruiter / offensive guru will simply prove to be too enticing to pass him up. And if he's taking over a program that isn't in the tank (TN, USC & Oakland were all ships struggling to stay afloat), has sufficient money to afford him with the facilities / tradition necessary to recruit, and at any Power 5 conference, sans the perennial bottom-dwellers of each, then he may do ok. He may do exceptionally well, and for a long time.

But I don't believe that the guy is wired to be a collegiate HC, no matter how badly he wants to move on, how obviously qualified he is, or however much a decent school is desperate to get him. I think that he's excelled at Bama because he doesn't have to be the HC, and just has to focus on one thing, instead. I don't think that he would have achieved nearly that success that he's had, even at USC and now Bama, without Carroll and Saban to do the litany of HC shit.

I don't think he sucks, at all, and fail to see how anyone could even attempt to argue it, at this point. But I think it's no slam dunk hire to bring him in as college HC, and that the "fit" (see criteria, above) would be crucial. I can easily see him in the NFL as a HC.

16. hatvol96

Not best of friends, but Saban gave Lane the power to kill this if he wanted. I think this is Kiffin paying forward the shot Nick gave him.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Kiffin can eat shit and keep eating it until he's done with toothless nation. He was more likeable while he was leaving Knoxville in the middle of the night by the light of mattress fire.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

18. hatvol96

The more time that passes, the less the time at USC will be seen as a "debacle." He went to Oregon and knocked them out of the national title picture with 53 scholarship players. What are they doing back at full strength now? The only problem was he was working for the kind of *******, white glove, elitist that always fails.

19. hatvol96

Yet another person whose head Lane has gotten in. He is truly the Eddie Gilbert of college football.

20. hatvol96

You mean when he was the only coach at a major program in either revenue sport in recent history to at least give a statement on the way out the door?