Eat Shit, Pat Haden.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Sep 4, 2016.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Thin Oreos FTL

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i don't fault him for it. I don't really give a crap about him one way or another.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Not guys making 2 million per year. It isn't about the money. Had he not been a total douche about leaving us in a pickle, he would have given us an opportunity to match.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I can appreciate him "going home" just like LeBron.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is a douche bag. He is going to do douche bag things. The sooner people realize that the less you will be surprised.

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Why would he? He preferred Los Angeles to Knoxville. Same reason Huggins left K State after a year for West Virginia. Oddly, K State fans don't act like total sewer dwellers and have given Huggs a warm welcome every time he's returned.

7. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Butch is a better recruiter and Lane is a terrible head coach. I don't want either but I think we got the better of the worst right now. Lane without out a leash is a proven disaster. If Butch could learn year from year then I would have higher hopes for the season. Unfortunately we have a resilient process to stick to, so we'll never blow anyone out like MI did. This conservative approach will continue to ruin the program.

8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Thing is, Lane is good at the actual coaching part of being a coach. Personally, I will except all manner of dysfunctional shit in our program if it means having a real coach.

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I was too busy laughing at the Jones is a better recruiter part to read the rest of his post.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Yep, that was pretty idiotic.

11. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

We are paying a guy 4 million a year to ****ing learn on the job. Just had to say my piece, carry on.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'll take Lane over Butch.

I hold no ill will towards Lane. He got here, dealt with the compliance office saying Orgeron was never going to draw a paycheck here.

He then dealt with academic restrictions that he was told "would be taken care of". He then left for more money.

It's a business. There are people that can't stand Jay Graham and Tee Martin too.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Because it's professional. He's the least professional POS UT has ever had. Supporting the POS that ran away makes you the sewer dweller. He has damn near no redeeming qualities. He loves offense. Congrats.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  14. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Damn BP ,let's keep this thread going. I need some good entertainment until Saturday night.

15. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Kiff knows how to put together a competent staff together. He is a hell of QB coach and a solid O coordinator. Yea a roster full of 4 and 5 stars would have been extremely disappointing.
    Turning Crompton into a serviceable QB was actually quite impressive.

16. RockyHill

Yeah I agree with all of that, not sure if my post somehow suggested otherwise.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

There's no doubt he's a good coach. He's not a good HC. Part of that job is PR and he might actually be the worst.

18. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

I wasn't taking a shot at anyone. Just my opinion.

19. RockyHill

Gotcha.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Pretty much this. Nothing has ever illustrated the overall stupidity of our fan base than the Kiffin situation. Kiffin did the same thing that 99% of our fan base would do if they were employed by USC and Tennessee offered them a job.