Eat Shit, Roger Goodell.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Sep 3, 2015.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Bingo.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

That isn't true. He's a tyrant regardless of this issue, but his power exists because the owners like him being the public face of their dirty shenanigans.

3. hatvol96

As opposed to being someone stupid enough to call deflating footballs "cheating" when most of the league is using PEDs and mindlessly giving credence to the rulings of an authority figure that deserves not even a modicum of respect? Also, what would you know about success, real or vicarious?

4. hatvol96

If he simply fines the hell out of Brady and docks the Patriots a couple of draft picks, it would have all gone away. Instead, he tried to redeem the Ray Rice/Adrian Peterson failures by going draconian on Brady. It blew up in his face. He never learns.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think that's true. When he went scorched earth, he lost any prayer of keeping it out of court, where his burden of proof got real.

6. MWR

MWR Contributor

Here is what I think of the Patriots and their Lombardis.

[​IMG]

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Goodell's a joke? Cool, let's let folks use nerf balls. Maybe the one that whistles when you throw a spiral. Who gives a shit, anything goes because Goodell sucks at his job.

8. hatvol96

You seem to be missing the fact that several quarterbacks, notably Aaron Rodgers, admitted they had the equipment guys work the balls to their liking. Also, when there is a set penalty for an offense, some power mad dipshit doesn't get to make it up as he goes. Equipment violations have a set penalty. Goodell decided to try and rewrite the rules. Last time I checked, this is still America and we don't cater to rules being changed midstream.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not celebrating a guy getting away with it, anymore than I would celebrate Goodell getting his way. It's a stupid system, and while the NFL's popularity is a runaway train, it's potential is diminished by this shit. When you have guys suspended longer for a prescription drug than for beating a woman, you've got a problem. When you've got guys lining up saying they alter equipment and the commissioner is apparently unable to do anything about, you've got a problem.

10. hatvol96

Yeah, I bet the ratings for Patriots-Steelers Thursday will really suffer. People don't give a shit. There is no moral component to the NFL. Al Davis had it exactly right: "Just win, baby."

11. MWR

MWR Contributor

And he did just that for a good while.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I get that. It's a runaway train.

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Exactly what I thought, too.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm a Cardinals fan and it's dumb

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Brady knew what was going on but I really don't think the courts gave to shits about something this silly. Anyone that says Debord is an excellent coach is a fing idiot in my book.

16. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

When was Boston's last legitimate title in football or baseball?

17. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

18. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

How are any of the Red Sox titles tainted?

19. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

by their very nature of being Red Sox titles, IMO