Eat Shit, Roger Goodell.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Sep 3, 2015.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm sure every team plays around with the ball to their qbs preference. I'm not convinced every team has an employee take the balls into a bathroom to deflate them. The much misquoted Rodgers quote on this issue said exactly that. He likes them inflated to the limit, but he absolutely does not overinflated them.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Unfairly? They are the freaking Patriots. They should lose their franchise and be relegated down to semi-pro. Or worse, the CFL.

3. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I don't necessarily think it's unfair, but winning puts you under a microscope. You like to talk about Peyton using HGH, but I don't think you'd say a word if Jake Locker or Josh McCown came back from an injury too soon.

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

And your boys still wouldn't win the division.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I meant cheating wise, not necessarily inflating balls.

As the old NASCAR saying goes, if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think it's pretty clear they cross a line other teams do not. And frankly my only objection is people claiming Brady is innocent or "everyone does it." If I was a patriots fan I don't think I'd give two shits

7. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Where did he say that? Because Phil Simms said literally the exact opposite, relaying a conversation with Rodgers.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Sorry; it is more than that. They are a Pete Carroll Brain Fart away from being 0-3 in their last 3 Super Bowls.

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

And they're a David Tyree miracle and Wes Welker drop away from having six rings.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015
  11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Very true; a win is a win any way you get it. But to imply all the scrutiny on the Patriots is simply because hey win is incorrect. Many other teams win without find their methods constantly challenged.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I've never been a fan of any Commissioner until Roger Goodell came along.

I'm still a HUGE fan of his.

I think that he's made some mistakes, but that it's mostly the pro-union / liberal crowd who crow about his missteps, because they hate that he doesn't cave to their desires that he act like all other Commissioners and coddle BS from athletes or walk on egg shells around the Union.

And celebrate the Brady ruling while you can, because there is 0.0% chance that a higher court is going to allow the precedence of a federal judge / court getting into an arbiter's decision. And several of you here, despite your hatred of Goodell, damn well know this to be true, and that it won't survive further judicial scrutiny, beyond this one miraculously mistaken ruling.

And one last thing, for anyone calling for his job:

Good. Luck.

He's doing exactly what 31 owners want him to be doing. EXACTLY.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

If an arbitrator ignores due process, his decision is worthless. Brady did it, but the onus is still on Goodell to prove it.

14. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

I can't support either side on this.

**** 'em, both. ....go Eagles.

15. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

There was never a predetermined punishment for an equipment violation aside from a simple fine. That is all there was, an equipment violation. Goodell over stepped his boundaries by arbitrarily instituting a suspension for this violation.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Great. That doesn't mean they weren't doing it.

17. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Why do you think Goodell has never bothered to appeal the other ass beatings he's taken in court?

18. hatvol96

So?

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

So you doubt "The Deflator's" nickname is simply about his weight loss?!?

20. hatvol96

Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson nod approvingly.