LWSVOL Is Calling Steele to Tennessee In the Next 24 Hours...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 4, 2012.

1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

But..but...they're former Vols that bleed orange....that's what we need......someone that understands tradition...shit

2. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

No disrespect to LWS, I don't know him but I thought his inside info went out the door with Fulmer?

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

SpringbokVol works in the AD I believe. He's usually pretty accurate.

4. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

There is nothing confirmed but the rumors lead to the conclusion Dooley sold it by bringing Hobby with him. Hobby is a solid get. Steele running our D in collaboration with Hobby in the SEC is not good. We will have what the 5th best D coaches? Saban and Smart, Grantham, Chavis, Whoever Arky gets, Chizick...it is debatable but we are no higher then 4 if this is true. Shannon puts at 3 without debate arguably depending on his staff we would be even with a Saban and Smart combo. So maybe we beat who we should and lose to anyone that is good i.e my conclusion 8 win seasons.

5. tennesseevolman

tennesseevolman New Member

Please be right, please be right. Imagine handing the reins over to Steele as our interim in game 7 next year after Dooley gets his walking papers? I have to get off here, the thought of Dooley getting Steele over Shannon has me raging a bit!

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He worked there in college and still has some pretty reliable sources in the AD. Doesn't care about e-cred so I typically take what he says higher than others.

7. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

SBV and I have chatted in the past via PM..we both played rugby. He has a connection in the AD. He works in Nashville I thought for UT though. I cannot remember the exact circumstances. We chatted circa CLK hiring. My memory is not as good getting old and lol I cannot go look at those PMS.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Sorry about that.........

9. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I meant PMs on VN...damn I do have PMS though these days.

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

He seems to be still connected to a degree. He and SBV are in total disagreement about the Randy Shannon thing though. LWS says he hasn't even been contacted. SBV says he has.

11. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Shannon was contacted way too much smoke.

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I tend to agree.

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Lets all hope SBV is right this time.

14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Absolutely. I've been in favor of hiring Shannon the entire time. Hell, there are numerous people I'd go after before Steele.

15. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

The thing is if there really is a Dooley vs. Hart conflict or better worded a Dooley vs. CFS (common [uck fay]ing sense)...then no insider would know for sure until the battle of wills ends.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I was thinking Shannon's agent was the one letting hart know that he's interested in the job. Dooley was the one pushing Steele, and that there was some conflict. So, I guess that it could be true about no contact

17. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

My opinion, which admittedly may be way off, is that if there is indeed a conflict, Dooley doesn't want Shannon because he will feel threatened by Shannon's presence. Just my take.

18. tennesseevolman

tennesseevolman New Member

I think you absolutely correct! Dooley doesn't want to be looking over his shoulder at the guy who is about to take his [uck fay]ing job about week 7 , if not sooner!

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He supposedly had sources in the AD. He called Kiffin to UT before most.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, I agree Law. The picture that is being painted is that Dooley and one "hand" of the AD is getting Steele, while another "hand" of the AD is checking on the prospects of Shannon. I would have to think that even if Shannon isn't hired now, seeds may be planted for the future should Dooley's tenure come to an end.