LWSVOL Is Calling Steele to Tennessee In the Next 24 Hours...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

That's insane. Which doesn't mean it's not true, but it's insane.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree. This is still Dooley's ship. Let him sink it or save it.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I just can't see that. That's not really even improvement when you consider the schedule and how many guys are returning.

Even if Bray, Hunter, and Rogers aren't playing next year, I'd still want him fired with less than 8 regular season wins.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  4. tennesseevolman

tennesseevolman New Member

Look, if you are a Dooley supporter, I hope you win the fight in the long run and he brings us back ti prominence one day. But I am a realist who has actually watched us go further down the tubes every year since he showed up! Read this article and see what the majority of the Vol Nation thinks of your precious Dooley.

Feels Like 98 » [ddiapos], Micromanagement and TPS Reports: How Corporacracy is Failing Tennessee

5. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

you're right. now he's some kind of tech consultant, IIRC

6. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

lol

7. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

as I stated from the beginning there chief, it has nothing to do with capabilities, it has to do with how you run a program. This is Dooley's job, not Hart's. Hart's job is to manage Dooley. Beneath that, the job and decisions belong to Dooley. If this decision is yet another bad one, it's all the easier to fire Dooley, but if you're keeping Dooley, let him make the calls. This not only has an effect right now, but you better believe that any future coach is going to know that he doesn't have full control of his team and staff. Coaches aren't going to like that idea.

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

SBK has a solid connection with info as does LWS. Neither have backed off their stance either.

My opinion its not done either way, I think they are both getting info that is legit.

LWS went as far to say that DD would get a 4th year by just making a bowl game, which could be 6-6. I think that is pure opinion and dead wrong. 7-5 is gonna be a stretch.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Volfanbill is not a Dooley supporter. He is a Vol supporter who hopes the best for our program, at least the last time I checked.

10. OBX_Vol

OBX_Vol Member

How did this rumor that Hart and Dooley were at odds over who to hire come from?

I would think Hart and Dooley would be working together for the best interest of their jobs.

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Do you mean hiring Shannon as a head coach should Dooley's tenure come to an end? God, I hope not.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

to answer that question you must first understand where the rumor than Shannon even wants to come here came from.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

KS's defense looks like dog shit right now on a major stage.

14. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

It's looked like shit for the majority of the year.

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I dunno...aside 98 and 40, their defense sucks.

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

That's because it is.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

After the game tonight Clemson will probably give us KS.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

8th time this year they've given up 28+
    10th time they've given up 24+ (includes an FCS game)

Only allowed 13 combined points to Virginia Tech though. Evidently, we only watched two games before making our decision.

19. larry1949

larry1949 New Member

And pay his way here. Pitiful.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Not sure I follow, so can you elaborate a bit? How is Hart putting in say on who is hired as coordinator not fall in line with managing Dooley? Dooley isn't playing with Dooley's money. Dooley is playing with the AD's money. Tennessee is on line for the hires Dooley makes, and that falls on the AD, who controls the purse strings.

If Dooley hires someone the AD doesn't feel belongs, or won't transition in the event of a coaching change, Dooley isn't on the hook for the contract, the AD is. Let's say Dooley hires Steele, and the AD approves, and Dooley is let go next year. Unless Steele has a one year contract, the AD is carrying that weight until the contract is either over or is bought out. That is Tennessee's money. Down the drain.

However, if the AD pushes for someone who they don't mind having around for the entire length of the contract, regardless of who the HC is, then the AD has saved money on the next hire. How is that not in Hart's purview?

Coaching staff changes aren't always just all or nothing. Sometimes you have to build one of those up like a recruiting class. It may be Dooley's staff, but it is Hart's money. In my opinion, money talks.