LWSVOL Is Calling Steele to Tennessee In the Next 24 Hours...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 4, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I hope you aren't acting like I'm part of your "we." I'm perfectly capable of saying what I do and don't blame people for myself.

2. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

you need to get the scope of this board figured out before you start using words like we... Very few, if anyone here, blamed Hammy for Kiffin. He was a grand slam hire who decided to go home and be a HC at his dream job. Can't fault a coach for that. If Hart starts making the decisions of the Head Football Coach for him, Hart will set us back decades because no one worth his salt will come here.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

And a bad DC hire would set us back three years? Essplain yourself

4. faildozer

faildozer Member

these edits are useless until it says 'Reason: removing excessive exclamation points'. shit.

5. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

a faildozer siting. EPIC.

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

If the recruiting/roster falls apart this offseason, we could pretty much be in the same shape as when Kiffin (and Dooley) came in. One positive to the situation had been that Dooley was generally getting us back to a healthy number of scholarship players through top 15ish recruiting, so whether or not he ultimately succeeded, the groundwork would have been laid to somewhat level the playing field in 2013 and forward. But depending on what becomes of various rumors, we could once again have a thin group of upperclassmen devoid of impact players.

Whatever it takes (within reason) to keep that from happening, I'm down with it.

7. tennesseevolman

tennesseevolman New Member

While I use words like "we" , I certainly don't reflect your personal verbiage. It is a collective from most blogs and threads I frequent. At risk of attack, I never would have kicked Fulmer to the curb as quickly as we did. I use the generic verbiage of " we" as Vols fans, although we have a majority opinion and a minority opinion. I am sure that I am in the minority asva Fulmer supporter. But I do agree that Kiffin was an awesome hire that left us in a bad situation when he left. 11 of his 22 recruits remain and that certainly did help us rebuild. Yet, we disagree that Hart can't help by assisting CDD in rebuilding this program correctly.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

But if we have crazy attrition this offseason, is it something Dooley will do, or has already done? With reason, it's hard to think of a lot Dooley can do in the next ten months that sets us back three years. Including hiring assistants, which I believe was the original proposal.

9. tennesseevolman

70 points on Steeles defense now in the Orange Bowl. Can anyone honestly defend Dooley wanting Steele? It does sound like many people want UT to fail many more years. I just don't get it! Why let the guy bury himself and our football program any further?

10. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

again, this has NOTHING to do with Steele being the right guy or the wrong guy. This has to do with it being Dooley's team, not Hart's. I know that's tough for you to comprehend, since you're so busy with your multi-million dollar business, but this is not about whether or not Steele is better or worse than Shannon or any other possible replacement out there right now.

11. hatvol96

Steele is giving up 70, but he's doing it in a BCS bowl and has a resume that will keep him gainfully employed til he decides to quit coaching. The better question is why the hell would he want to work with Dooley?

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

If anything, and after seeing his showing tonight, this hiring could be a fast track to Dooley being canned next season.

Any problems with this?

13. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Methinks, or maybe just me hopes, that after this showing, Dooley will decide that yeah, maybe Shannon is the right guy for DC. And to that, hopefully where there is smoke, there's fire, and Shannon actually wants the job and is willing to come here.

14. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Agree that it would hypothetically already be in motion. If he pulled a Spangler on us, I think it would seal the deal, though. Or anyone who in combination wouldn't keep any of the wavering defensive commitments (or attract acceptable replacements) and wouldn't bring enough on-field results to take some focus off of any locker room/team chemistry issues. In that case I'd definitely be tempted to overrule.

I agree that it should be Dooley's call to make, though. I do think that in spite of tonight, Steele would probably be solid enough to avoid any nightmare scenarios that aren't already inevitable.

15. tennesseevolman

I do see your point, and I am all for the end result. But killing a recruiting class this year is exactly what I am against!

16. tennesseevolman

Now YOU have decided that I have a multiple million dollar business. Once again, you refuse to realize that you know nothing about me! You are killing me! You are like a troll on GVX, and I thought I could get away from you guys on here. Ha! It's hilarious!

17. hatvol96

How would hiring a guy who is in the Ed Orgeron/Rodney Garner class as a recruiter as the defensive coordinator kill a class?

18. tennesseevolman

It amazes me how we both want the same thing, but you need to try to belittle to make the same point!

19. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

you're the one that brought up running a million dollar business. I'm just taking what you give me.

20. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

no. you want a micromanager at the top who undermines his staff. That system rarely works and when it does it has tons of turnover. We definitely don't want the same thing.