On to Florida

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 29, 2014.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's not really optimism, it's a decent team playing a terrible team.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I agree with both of you; however, we have been the better team many times against Florida and lost.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's never been skewed this far in Tennessee's favor since probably 1992.

4. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Thanks for info about bama/fl. I just glanced at a 3rd quarter score. I think it was 21-21.
    Make them throw and take away their qb keeper which has been a big reason they have won the last couple. Faster D should help, but our DE still crashes down too hard. Maybe just spy him and force him to drop back and throw?

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If I thought Florida's give a damn would be higher than 25 on a scale to 100 on Saturday I might be less optimistic. They just seem like a team that doesn't care. Now, if they show up and it's much higher than that, then it could be a different ballgame.

6. CardinalVol

It was pretty one-sided in 2003. Won by 2 TDs and probably should have won by a lot more.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"OK, boys, this week's gameplan is one I like to call 'Don't Hurt Driskel'. "

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It reminds me of the 2007 Arkansas game. A lot of talent, but a team that has checked out

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Very important for UT to start fast. Crush any optimism they may have right out of the gate.

10. CardinalVol

Yup.

And yup.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would like to see an 80 yard td play, be it pass or run the first time Tennessee has the ball.

12. Beechervol

Wild Pig Hurd

13. limpleg

How about the Wild Hurd. That was unexpected. At least we finally found a way to get on the edge with an rb.

14. CardinalVol

DY kickoff TD return IMO

15. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

I really feel like the Gators are this close to quitting on Muschamp for good. I saw glimpses of it in the Bama game. If we get up early on them like we did on UGA, that train will come of the tracks and the Vols will roll them.

They honestly remind me of the 2012 Vols in a lot of ways.

16. limpleg

the UF players will have a lot of UF lettermen warning them about effing up their win streak. That might be enough to keep them from quitting.

17. Beechervol

One of the better twist Bajakian has installed.

Need to press the edges more in the running game and find the middle in the passing game.

18. Beechervol

Maybe.
    If UT can set the doubt early they ll have to trust the guy with the headset at some point.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Of all the things that can keep a team from quitting, I believe that is down on the list. If you don't have leaders among the players, and that is the biggest thing, your team will quit. Especially when your HC is a complete boob who is desperate to keep his job.

20. limpleg

I don't disagree. Just thinking aloud. I think it will be extra motivation for them. It just depends on if it wears off. Admittedly, I just don't know much about fl this year. I think we beat them last year if we don't knock out Brantley.