On to Florida

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Anyone who has ever been to Gainesville will never have a single ounce of sympathy or minor discomfort for Florida having the score run up on them..

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

#jayvolsloveshimsomegooddefense

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I want it to be so bad that Muschamp is fired before he boards the bus.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I want a 50 point win.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

fyp

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Leon Orr is out; Michael Taylor and Brandon Powell are questionable to doubtful

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

We can't protect the QB. Florida sucks by Florida standards. But UT is a massively flawed team just the same. I could see a 10 point win but nothing more. This is the first time these guys I'll be expected to beat a good program. Not sure how they'll handle it.

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Pour it on.

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I've been perusing a few Florida boards. The overwhelming majority know an ass kicking awaits them in Knoxville.

10. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Just in the interest of sparking a rational debate:

I think it's very logical to assume a young line will play better at home than at 2 of the more difficult places to play on the road and against 2 higher quality defensive front-7s than we will be facing on Saturday.

This Florida front-7 is not like Florida front-7s of the past. Especially on the DL.

And Florida's injury report looks about like ours in late October of last year. They got their asses kicked in every way against Bama.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

fortunately for them, we can't hit WRs.

12. GahLee

You'd certainly expect that. Very valid points. They haven't shown it all year, even against ASU and USU.

13. GahLee

Pretty much. Most teams are going to blitz the piss out of our line, the screen to Hurd has been a good play, I'd like to see it ran multiple times against them.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

you think our RB screens have been good plays. Have you watched the games?

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

we've had more than a couple of RB screens go for good yards. we should run more of them, imo

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

a couple, but we should have had 412 against OU or TE 20 yard completions.

Worley just doesn't do RB screen well and we don't flare him very well as safety valve.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

we're not doing either enough, i agree

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

After it being said here and me paying attention more closely, I am convinced we don't attack the middle of the field with quick throws to the TE's and such nearly often enough. There is almost never more than one defender there, and he is just marking space. Any time they're blitzing five or more on us, that's where we should be looking. That should be the hot read. They're locking down the flats because that is obviously where we tend to go under pressure. Have to keep them honest.

19. GahLee

Are you serious?

20. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

You would think with all of the problems we've had picking up blitzes that they would be hammering this. If they're showing a blitz have the TE chip, release, and find a soft spot.