On to Florida

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 29, 2014.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Because they're scared to death of Worley being late and turning the ball over.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's silly when he's getting his elbow broken in half and Peterman can't even make the quick reads anyway.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yeah, there comes a time you have to trust Worely to make the throw.

Hopefully they whack his elbow before the game saturday and recreate the circumstances of the 2nd half last saturday.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree, but it's the only logical reason I can think of why they don't continue to throw over the middle

5. NorrisAlan

UT hasn't consistently attacked the middle since Manning left for the NFL.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Their fans are already in 2012 Vols mode, actively hoping for losses so that the AD has no excuse to keep Muschamp around.

That said, recall that the 2012 Vols played tight with a couple good teams and didn't totally collapse until pretty late in the year. We need to make them collapse now.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If Im Worley Im telling them its better than a decapitated starting QB. Turn me loose.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Tennessee will beat Florida.

Mods please close this thread now.

9. NorrisAlan

And if they don't, [uck fay] them?

10. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

No IFs this week.

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

That game when into 11 overtimes. It was 3-3 at halftime.

Bama, however, was a slow start away from gaining an even 1,000 yards.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I actually thought we went over middle more to Wolfe this game than any time since this staff has been here.

I think part 2 is that Worley overthrows the middle of the field a lot, and well, that can lead to trouble.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's just it: they never stopped it. That WAS the late rally, the good drives, etc.

14. CardinalVol

The late TD pass to Howard over the middle that went over the LB was Worley's best pass in 4 years, no question about it.

15. punkcat

punkcat Member

I just heard Neyland is supposed to be going with the orange/white checkerboard. Anyone have any details? I'm not able to go this week but it should be interesting. 104.5 had no details this morning.

16. CardinalVol

Also, I'm as perplexed as anyone for what we were thinking from the minute we went up 10-0 until the last drive of the first half. I've thought about it for over 48 hours and still can't even come close to figuring out the thought process short of drawing plays out of a hat.

17. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

With our WRs and RBs... UT should be able to do in regulation what it took Kentucky 3 OTs to do. And UK put up 423 in regulation against UF.

The question is will Baja call the right game?

"This will probably be an 85-90 percent nickel game, so we're repping two linebackers."

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20140929/ARTICLES/140929620?tc=cr

And that's without their best DT and probably best LB (Michael Taylor). The replacement at DT will be 2 SDEs. ~275-280lbs.

If UT can't run against a 6 man front at home without noise or anything else interfering with pre-snap adjustments and snap timing, Baja needs to re-evaluate some things.

18. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

19. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

No doubt. Not sure about the call, even though it worked.

A post route to a 5'8" WR that has had drop issues being thrown by a guy with a bum elbow on his throwing arm and has also had issues with accuracy and velocity on passes over 20 yards?

It was a bold move, cotton, and it paid off but damn if that wasn't a "f**k it, lets see if this works" kinda call.

The infuriating one is the 3rd and 7 that was a 3-4 yard comeback route that Worley of course chose. Why even give him the option? We need 7. Don't throw for 3 and then hope that Pig makes a play. Call the damned play so our bi-polar players don't have to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Interesting. You know how you **** this up? No read, no option baby.