OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Did eat my weight in seafood and hush puppies at hudson's sat night though.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Any positive thoughts you all can shoot my way would be appreciated.

My wife went in yesterday morning at 5:30 to be induced with our second child. At midnight last night, they had to do an emergency c-section because my son's heart rate bottomed out and wouldn't raise. They had to resuscitate/revive him after he was born. He's currently in NICU at Children's receiving "hypothermia treatment" for the next 72 hours in hopes of stalling or, less likely, reversing any damage. Absolute best case scenario he's in NICU for 2-3 weeks with minimal long-term damage, but that is a long shot at this point.

HCKevinSteele and NYY like this.
  3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

NICU are some of the best. Let's hope he comes out in 72 hours happy and healthy.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Man I'm sorry yall are going thru this. Stay positive and strong for momma. One of my sons was premature and had to stay under that French fry warmer as I called it.
    Keep us updated

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My heart goes out to you and your family. Please know you are not alone. Let us know if we can do anything.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yessir.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You got them buddy.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

So the house next door got bought by a flipper who proceeded to cut down all the trees in the neighbors back yard and also take out the vines that also covered my wall. So now we can look into each other's back yards and my wall looks like shit. The new owner came over and also was concerned about it and we agreed to look into putting up a barrier and split the cost. I suggested a new fence completely. I come home today and he's put in ficus trees on his side. they'll take at least a year to grow in properly and in my opinion it's improving his yard, not mine so i don't think i should have to split the cost. Maybe 1/3rd at most?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my boys were in the nicu for 5 weeks because they were born premature and they have no issues today. hope the same will be true for your son and your family is in our thoughts.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If he did it without consulting you, yeah. In fact, I would be inclined to say "wtf?" and just balk at paying anything, but then again, you want to be neighborly.

And then again, trees are probably cheaper than a new fence...

InVolNerable likes this.
  11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Praying for you. There's a yard full of kids from the 8th's Baby Daddy Club that spent considerable time in the NICU and born early. Let me know if you need anything.

droski likes this.
  12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he did, but yeah that's why i think he thinks he did me a favor. it's cheaper. i'd vastly prefer a nice fence to this though.

13. fl0at_

Fence in the middle, and then if he wants ficus trees, on his side, additionally, go for it. Not consulting you on it, if you thought there was a plan for a fence, was premature on his end.

That's tough. I'd never split a fence with a neighbor, for this, and other reasons. It just never works.

I build a fence on my property line, and if they want a fence, they can build one on their property line.

justingroves likes this.
  14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

No one ever said good ficus trees make good neighbors.

droski likes this.
  15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he mentioned it to my wife that he was doing it, so maybe he thought that was approval? it was already in before i heard about it.

i actually like the guy and would like to be friendly, so maybe we can still do a fence or something.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

No need being neighborly to a house-flipper. He’ll be gone in under a year.

justingroves likes this.
  17. InVolNerable

I’d ask for full ownership of the fence once his house is sold. Anything happens to it while he owns the house, then you can discuss with him directly regarding repairs. You don’t want to have to deal with that with new owners after he’s gone.

18. fl0at_

Yea. And if not, you can stop being friendly and just do the damn thing, later.

droski likes this.
  19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he's the guy who bought the house from the flipper. he paid $400k over what the flipper bought it for 2 months ago. he then goes "I notice all of the kids in this neighborhood are going to private school. Are the public schools good?" I'm thinking you spent THAT much on a house and did zero research on the public schools?

justingroves likes this.
  20. InVolNerable

Ahh, misread it. Feel like he isn’t too money conscious if that’s the case. Let him know you like the tree, he’ll eventually put up a fence on his own. Then you can tear down yours.

droski likes this.