OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It deals without outstanding accounts. Rather than distribute data, and then reporting on the data, the original authors distributed amounts, without data that could be used to validate.

So it was outstanding accounts, and amounts paid per day, rolling a month. And then summing up months, for several years.

So they thought the report was showing:

Date, $ Amount of New Accounts Billed, (Some statistics), $ Amount of Closed Accounts Original Billing, (Some statistics)

And they were using this to panic and say "We're losing more accounts than we're opening, we need to change blah blah blah."

But that isn't what it shows, it shows:

Date, $ Amount of New Accounts Billed, (Some statistics), $ Amount of Payments to Current accounts, (Some statistics)

But it was labeled:

Date $, (Some Statics), $, (Some statistics)

And sent via Excel, which is not a reporting package.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If your company is doing well, for the love of god, don't give the management legit material to base their choices on.

3. fl0at_

We make money despite our best efforts.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

[uck fay]. So didn't they notice that, despite the reports, their revenue stream was not declining in a manner that supported the idea that they were losing more accounts than they were opening? This seems infinitely catchable. Like, did they think remaining accounts were growing so much as to cover any stream loss from all these allegedly closing accounts?

5. fl0at_

I catch shit like this all the time, and I update folks, and they say, no, I'm wrong. They've been doing this for 20 years, and this number (that cannot be hit or understood) is right.

You'd have to know our top people.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Y'all must sell something good, to succeed despite being blind and deaf.

7. fl0at_

We have a good CFO, who keeps everything diversified. And I'm finding, might be withholding some information from some other executives... with good cause.

IP likes this.
  8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I gave that up a long time ago to follow my dream. Been cleaning cook tops at the local Hibachi joint for years. It's an art and I consider myself to be Michalangelo, in both artistic and ninja abilities.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Float works for the company in the Dilbert cartoon.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Oh by the way, I did take last week's butt chewing to heart and decided to try and help the organization shed dead weight by applying for another job. I have an interview next week.

SetVol13, NorrisAlan and fl0at_ like this.
  11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I actually just got one. I got a notification of some personnel action and thought they were about to drop the hammer on me. Turns out, I got a raise with some kind of wording included that was complimentary, but not overly so.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's not for layouts and floor plans either, but that doesn't stop me from using it for such.

13. fl0at_

I'm been pushing for cost accounting for so long, because, in Dilbert's company, they at least have to budget their development resources.

And because that isn't true of where I am, because we don't do cost accounting, that people just think they can just re work a request over and over and over again, rather than just give me what I need up front.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would never calm down, go straight in with rash, emotional decision making

InVolNerable likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

16. CardinalVol

Cost accounting, yuck.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Impractical jokers is the most annoying, unfunny show of its kind I've ever seen. I've tried several times now and nary a grin. People laughing at their own jokes makes it even worse imo, especially when the jokes and one liner suck

cpninja and IP like this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ve not ever watched it but I can’t imagine it’s worse than Big Bang Theory

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Found the boss

justingroves and 10SEvols like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Omg, yes, it is truly perplexing that the show has any audience. It feels like watching a series of inside jokes between people you just met and will never see again.