Paris terror attack kills 12

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Jan 7, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Since the third dimension?

2. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

the quote, "time is a flat circle." was used alot in true detective last season.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

To further this, it seems as though God is pretty far away at times.

Or, are we the ones who are far away?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are you saying god is corporeal and occupies a discrete space, i.e. he is not omnipresent?

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He isn't real.

Why does it matter?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm a big meanie who you have on ignore, remember? I like talking about this stuff.

7. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

ip, serious question, what would be your criteria for proof of God's existance?

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yea... you like it alright.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Proof is a strong word. Let's back it down to "good evidence."

Good evidence would include supernatural works as claimed in holy texts occurring in the present with full and rigorous documentation and a consistent, coherent narrative that is consistent with the observable universe and has predictive as well as explanatory power in the present.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Just wait until they open up the treasure vault on Oak Island....

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Have I ranted about that here? I ****ing hate the legend of Oak Island. It is so stupid, it boggles my mind that it still has legs.

12. JayVols

I love it.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's a karst topograhy! It's a damn sink hole! The beams are old logs that have fallen in and been preserved by the anoxic environment. The mining company put those fake relics there coincidentally every time they were running out of money back in the early 1800's, and they are indeed clear fakes. The whole thing is tooth fairie nonsense.

14. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i can appreciate that, especially with the way i assume your mind works. i hope someday you find that, if you're even looking for it, and if you aren't looking and you're content with that, then i'm ok with that too.

15. JayVols

"Nature doesn't do rectangles."

- Sonar expert guy from the show

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't feel like I am searching for anything in particular, I just like to learn.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

heh

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh? He's never heard of salt crystals? Columnar basalt?

In any case, I haven't done sonar but I've done a fair amount of ground penetrating radar- artifacts from bouncing waves off of different substrates and media can show up as straight lines and rectangles. That is a fact. If he wants to claim "nature doesn't do rectangles, not only is that not true but furthermore his instrument isn't natural and is likely the reason for the rectangle.

19. JayVols

Never mind me. I'm just going with the expert science guy. I thought you'd appreciate that.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

What are sonar guy's credentials? Having been on the Discovery Channel? I've seen an episode of that show, those guys are morons. I was watching with an archaeologist by coincidence, who was highly amused at them interpreting finding coins on the beach as evidence of anything.