Post-Mortem

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Again, "laws", barrister.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Maybe, but not near as quickly.

3. hatvol96

That's fine, just don't pretend it is a democracy.

4. Tenacious D

Of course not. He's gone full-blown tantrum.

Not so surprisingly unexpected, given his disappointment, but that it still endures and in glowing white-hot form, certainly is.

5. Tenacious D

A democratic process produced and has upheld the Electoral College for nearly 250 years.

6. hatvol96

How is it full blown tantrum when I am simply making a calculated decision?

7. hatvol96

Good for them.

8. Tenacious D

If this is calculated, counselor, I pray we never see rash.

9. hatvol96

Why is anyone surprised at my reaction to America electing a modern day Joe McCarthy?

10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Maybe. We may also see some decent candidates in 4 years, set up in part because Trump broke the mold. As it stands I'll take that over a career politician who can't be trusted with an email account, among various and more important things, like national security and our massive debt.

I couldn't be happier to have the Clintons erased from the political landscape. Too bad it took a goon like Trump to do it.

11. hatvol96

I won't miss 1/2 of the Clintons.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Hillary received her poll number. In all those polls there were about 5% undecideds and they broke almost uniformly for Trump.

Who were these people? The conservative/evangelical types. The primary voters that were saying "never Trump." All along my parents and sister were saying that they didn't think they could support Trump. If a pollster had called them, they would have been the epitome of the undecided likely voter. On election day, they showed up and voted for him. The Supreme Court got them to the polls at the end.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah. Those losers that died at the Alamo should have quit while the quitting was good.

14. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see just how weak minded and pussified leftists in this country are showing themselves to be... But I am. If people had reacted like this to the previous two elections they would have shamed by the media and told to grow up...

What's that you said, Obama?? Oh yeah... Elections have consequences.

15. hatvol96

I'll leave martyrdom to others.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

This is what a generation or more of participation trophies gets you.

17. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It isn't. That's the laziest argument of all time.

18. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Maybe but that is sort of a simplified version of a larger truth...

American politics no longer benefit from the calming influence of a true moderate. You either have to be a "flaming" liberal or a "neo" conservative... No middle ground. All in for one side or the other. The end result is a situation that more resembles an Iron Bowl matchup than something as important as electing someone to the "Most Powerful Office in the World"...

If you can put aside your (for or against) biases concerning Trump I think he has the opportunity to be somewhat moderate. If he's serious about making the lives of blacks less dependent on government and restoring their dignity by getting them jobs instead of handouts that would be a major accomplishment. If he's serious about his stance concerning the LGBT community that's a radical departure from standard GOP fare... He has two years to make things happen and if he does, he'll likely keep his favorable setup. If he flops, well.... There will not be another GOP President in our lifetime, I would bet.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  19. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

It's not supposed to be.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

This is stupid. It's the same reaction the right had the last two elections.