POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

"Toute nation a le gouvernement qu’elle mérite.”

2. Tenacious D

Bump.

Because I love awkward silence.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I believe you said "...at any time, as I'm always happy to hear it, even if a hard truth."

Correct me if I'm wrong. Did you not say that?

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I won't have to do anything to prevent his re-election. He is doing enough on his own.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I've not seen where you admitted this is all a bit. Until just now.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I just went back to find what he was referring to, and it was me, though admittedly I had gone to bed and the thread moved on to another page, so I had missed it.

But my response was essentially going to be this, until I saw you had beaten me to it.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I can only agree that most liberals only care about resisting rather than reasoning. There is plenty here not to like - so much so that it annoys me that liberals are still running with issues they should just leave alone or twist stories at their first utterance rather than dig in to understand and then oppose strategically.

With that said, the deep state as you like to call it is also called professionals who have dedicated their careers to service and actually have some idea how the systems and structures function. With that said, we should no more celebrate it than decry it. It's like going into a company and blowing up the CEO and his pals because they have their circle and you aren't a part of it. And then go blow every business deal you try to make because you don't have a clue what you're doing. It just doesn't make sense. It isn't healthy. And it's just as unhealthy as the cronyism of the CEO's pals having jobs they shouldn't.

I just don't see anything to celebrate here.

8. NorrisAlan

Well said. I don't want to kill the patient to get rid of the disease.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not acknowledging race due to it being a social construct? Cool. Lying that you don't know what was meant by the term "white" and pretending like Europeans didn't self-identify with the term? Dishonest and crappy.

What defines a native American vs a European settler, tenny? Are you a native American? You were born here after all.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You mean, a right to not be removed from the land and destroyed as a people? Because, yes, they had that right.

11. Tenacious D

I don't specifically recall saying it, but that sounds remarkably like something I would say / believe.

What of it? Give me as much hard truth as you're able to muster.

12. Tenacious D

How'd that work in 2016?

Good luck.

13. NorrisAlan

2016 he was running on demagoguery and populist appeal. We will have a four year track record to go on when 2020 rolls around (if he is still President), and he will not get re-elected.

I honestly don't think he will make it to 2020 (most likely due to his own desires to flee Washington).

That said, and I have said this many times, he has continuously countered everything I thought would happen with him, and therefore will probably be wrong about this as well.

14. Tenacious D

I don't disagree with much, if anything, of what you're saying here.

You're a helluva lot closer to it than anyone else, myself included. In just wanting to be close to the truth it is infinitely more than many have efforted, or even desired. And for all of their many, adamant and well-worn postulations, I don't know that anyone has leaned a damned thing, at all, or certainly of any value.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Not sure even his most ardent supporters could have imagined this level of incompetence and his ability to step on his [penis] at least once every week.

16. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I still don't believe he truly wants the job (read: work and stress) He wanted to win and desired the power of the office but I do not believe he understood or enjoys the responsibilities of the office. He'd be better suited as a figurehead in a constitutional monarchy. Perhaps he adjusts and things change, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  17. NorrisAlan

Sweet baby Jesus, don't give the man any ideas!

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I've never thought he wouldn't make it through the 4 years, but I do think that's it. He'll survive, say he was successful no matter what, decline to run for health/family reasons and that will be it.

19. Tenacious D

His base remains. He was never going to win liberals, and the less he tries, the more solidified it and the central will become. His work to stem government funded abortion, the pipeline, Gorsuch, etc. will bring in many more classic GOPers than he got last time, as the economy continues to boom, he'll only get much stronger in MI, WI, PA, on Wall St. and elsewhere. The Dems still don't have anyone who can seriously threaten him, and seem content to just triple-down on everything that cost them the White House in '16 (What, wild-eyed crazily screaming that a large part of the county was ignorant / racist / xenophobic / classist / heartless / sexist assholes who had opinions of little importance didn't work in '16? 2020 Strategy: SCREAM AT THEM EVEN LOUDER!...haha, you're in for a tough ride). And, the election is in 3 years....which is about 2 years beyond when a majority of Americans will have long grown weary of hearing the left bellow, "Wolf!" at every bump in the wind, and will have almost completely tuned them out.

So, even if the Dems find a candidate, and somehow blindly stumble across a message that neither neglects half of the population nor which consists of anything more than "#RESIST!" and "TRUMP IS HITLER!" and still somehow both unites their now shattered base and which not only doesn't outright repulse most Americans, but can even get them united behind it....well, maybe you'll have a chance.

The democrats have made / are making the exact same mistake that Republicans made, and have still never quite recovered from - they're allowing a minority of extremists yank their Party off of the centrist platform, and into the political abyss. The difference is that the GOP had people warning them of this danger, and the Dems seem to have not only surrendered to it, but have celebrated it.

That he may walk away at the end of this is an interesting idea, but I can only say that by every indication, he intends to run in 2020, and the odds of his winning are greatly improved over what they were in 2016.

20. Tenacious D

Would you consider me to be an "ardent supporter" of Trump? I wish I could vote for him again TODAY.

Do you think I give one whit what the mainstream media alleges, or what some liberal thinks about Trump?

Have you been paying any attention, at all?