POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Jesus, a hit job on his family? What the [uck fay]? I don't know if you are gassed up by a bunch of nonsense Trump tweets regarding this investigation or what, but this idea the Democrats are running this shit, or even started it, is absurd. It was a fully justified look into meddling into our election by a foreign power and the Americans who may have abetted this foreign power.

Hell, you don't even know what they were actually investigating, either, since the report hasn't even been released yet. Despite this, you know, somehow, it was a hatchet job on Trump and his family. How? Who knows, but those sort of details seem to be largely irrelevant to Trump and his supporters.

Manafort is a [dadgum] criminal, too. Screw him.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

She also called Trump a "Russian agent"

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Saw this scrolling Twitter, thought of you. Can't make this shit up. I love the internet.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I know a lot of people that were waiting for this report to come out and have their aha moment. Couldn't wait to see Trump impeached, and see him pulled out of the white house in hand cuffs. To say this was anything more than to catch Trump, for most people, is just fooling yourself.

And every time someone was arrested, there was so much excitement that, this is the guy that has Trump shaking in his shoes.

NYY, VolDad and zehr27 like this.
  5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

<insert Monty Python "Run Away, Run Away" gif>

You, sir, are clearly a master baiter of the highest order. Kudos.

And given my short time here, am beginning to understand the committee's selection of your #1 seed in the Worst tourney.

I get the most entertainment when I envision delivery of your posts (depending on the content) by Don Rickles; Wanda Sykes; Frank Burns (of MASH fame); Bender; Stephen Miller or Sebastian Gorka (of Trump fame); Derrick Dooley (where's Rommel edition).

The interwebz is a powerful tool, if used wisely.

justingroves and zehr27 like this.
  6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I agree; Russia did something and it needed to be investigated. It will be interesting to see if the report will focus more on what they did as opposed to what Trump didn't do.

zehr27 and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Trump is a Russian Agent was still being pushed by Democrats yesterday.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That’s an interesting point in your last sentence. The basis for the investigation was concern over Trump collusion with the Russians - on the back of the counterintelligence investigation that had been launched over a similar concern. The post mortem of what the Russians actually did has likely been long completed as a counterintelligence investigation. Trump’s potential criminal ties to their activity was really Mueller’s focus (though as usual with these things he had leeway to expand). I’m not sure how much time he will focus on what the Russians did other than to support the criminal charges against those indicted as part of his efforts.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Your post is interesting as well. If this was about Trump Collusion, then why were 3 Russian Companies and 26 Russian Nationalist charged?

10. TennTradition

In looking for Trump collusion he found those crimes - as opposed to a counterintelligence investigation, lawyers tend to prosecute. It seems special counsels have different ways to approach these things. They can either keep expanding their focus (Star) or try to keep to a more narrow definition of their mandate (largely Mueller). If it was central enough to what he was investigating, Mueller seemed to keep it and push it forward to ensure no ties to the administration. He still prosecuted it if there were crimes he could prove, it seems. On the other hand, if it looked illegal but well disconnected from Russia, he seemed to refer it outside his office.

At times there was a Russia-related crime (Cohen lying about timing of Trump Moscow project) so Mueller kept it AND other non-Russia crimes - I’m guessing so he could gain the leverage he needed to push for cooperation. With Manafort, while his crimes were financial, they were bank-rolled through Russian surrogates. So, Mueller kept it.

11. TennTradition

I didn’t say it explicitly above so I’ll add it - Russian intelligence efforts that didn’t result in prosecutable crimes likely won’t be discussed all that much in the Mueller report I would imagine. Also, I wonder how much any of that will make it out of redacted form.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't realize so many people who post here have read the report.

13. TennTradition

I hear you but I think the lack of further indictments indicates fairly well where this is heading. The rest is speculation obviously.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

No indictments; what more do you need to know regarding Trump and Company collusion?

zehr27 likes this.
  15. TennTradition

Well, I wouldn’t say it that definitively. Trump wasn’t going to be indicted even if he and Putin had conspired directly for years.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Collusion requires at least 2 people. If he colluded then what is preventing the other person(s) from being indicted?

18. TennTradition

A cousin of my wife posted a picture today of Trump with his arm grabbing Mueller’s collar and Mueller cowering down. Trump’s fist was back and the caption was ‘Now It’s My Turn.’

At this point, I don’t expect anything more.

19. TennTradition

Mueller was free to bring indictments beyond collusion. Also, it isn’t clear to me what Russians can and can’t be charged with by Mueller. I suppose any US law that is broken?

I’m not disagreeing with your core conclusion. It’s mine too. But worth pointing out in my opinion that Trump wasn’t being indicted regardless.

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Yes. Proof of such has given him a three point bump in approval.