POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I tend to agree. If he took the FBI gig, he'd be gone when the next Dem got elected.

He'd take SCOTUS in a heartbeat .

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yes

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

FBI Director Newt Gingrich being tossed about on local news.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

The senate testimony is really interesting. Can't wait to hear the trump spin machine.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Ridiculous.

But - let's face it. No one knows the names of the non-politicians in order to suggest them on talk radio. It's not a serious discussion.

7. TennTradition

I do like how the deputy AG is pissed at the narrative that Trump decided to let Comet go based on deputy's read once he was confirmed.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This reeks of a person that just does the first thing that comes into his mind without any introspection or filters on his thought processes.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

When you're President of the United States you don't have time to think. You think, you're dead.

10. NorrisAlan

Is that a shot at JFK?

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well I'm pretty sure he fired the director of the FBI, as well. CIA, too, I think. But it's actually from Top Gun.

12. NorrisAlan

Slider...*sniff sniff*...you stink.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Hearing something about the FBI serving warrants in Virginia at GOP sites. Have no idea what it's about.

14. NorrisAlan

Trump says he fired Comey because he was a showboat and a grandstander.

Can we fire Trump for the same thing, please?

EDIT: May not be the reason he gave, as the transcript is edited funny that I read. Made it appear that way. Either way, him calling someone out for being a grandstander and a showboat is funny.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Trump is no more going to come out and say, "I fired Comey because he did not back the Obama wire tape accusation and has not shut down the Trump collusion accusations"

(Even though I was writing that as Trump I used "Trump" in the sentence because he does the same)

He is not going to say that just like the Democrats are not going to say, "We agree he should have been fired. Heck we thought Obama should have done it months ago. If he had perhaps we would be talking about President Clinton. All of these Crocodile tears are just posturing for political purposes".

I will demand that Trump be honest when you demand that your side is too.

16. NorrisAlan

What side is my side? i am confused.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Baltimore sun says the same in Maryland.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I don't know. Perhaps we can identify it by discovering which side you complain about. You know your posting history better than me. Are most complaining about Trump and the right or are most complaining about Democrats?

19. TennTradition

There have been plenty of democrats who've admitted they didn't like Comey but also think the timing was poor. What's wrong with that?

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What is wrong with the timing? He has been President for a little over 100 days. His AG Staff going through the confirmation process even less. The same persons investigating yesterday are investigating today. Comey served at the pleasure of the President. Pleasure gone, Comey gone.

What day would have been acceptable for them? What day would we have not heard any complains from Democrats?

Last edited: May 11, 2017