POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Likely once the investigation was completed.

This isn't the deputy Secretary of State we are talking about and it is quite unorthodox to fire a director of the FBI when ethics questions are not at hand, doubly so when his organization is investigating your team.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Triply when some of the reasons given are lies.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Other than the methane emissions vote a day or two ago, when have they told him "no" on anything he wanted? Serious question.

The Bobsy Twins, John McCain & Lindsey Graham, have been "deeply distured" and "troubled" about lots of stuff. Then they turn around and vote to give Trump anything, sans the aforementioned methane emissions on state land vote, he's wanted. Same goes for "Little" Marco Rubio. These guys have been sooooo "concerned" and "troubled" about Trump they've pumped the brakes on Trump by voting "Yea" on every Trump inspired issue. That'll show him, fo sho.

5. JayVols

Trey Gowdy should gargle a gross of razor blades, jmho.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Raid may have to do with 2013 case of defrauding a GOP candidate

7. JayVols

Fixed it.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

So a better time would have been to wait until an FBI Director who Democrats say "has no credibility", "damages the reputation of the FBI", "is irresponsible", "is unfit", "have no confidence in him", etc., etc. complete his investigation?

9. JayVols

Yeeehaaaw, Jester's dead!

10. JayVols

I'm guilty of this.

However, that was before I knew he had a counter intel investigation going. Can a person not change their opinion when new info comes to light?

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Absolutely; you can change your opinion, just like Trump did.

12. TennTradition

I think that given McCabe'd testimony today, the investigation would have proceeded just fine with him at the helm.

I do think that Comey made some very poor choices last year. But absent the evidence of unethical behavior, then I don't think it warrant d dismissal.

13. JayVols

Thank you.

If Comey had been fired any time before the investigation announcement, fewer folks would have voiced opposition. I wouldn't have. Whether folks believe me or not is up to them. I think I have at least a decent track record of being truthful & have shown a willingness to admit an error when I commit one.

Then again, maybe not in the current climate in which we find ourselves. Anyway, what I said is the truth.

I'll also say the 500 different reasons given for the dismissal because each subsequent reason was debunked/proven flimsy, at best, haven't been very supportive of presenting a legit reasoning. They'd been much better off to just say Trump fired him because he wanted to and can fire him than change the reasoning every 30 minutes. Imo, that gives an aura of suspicion as much as the firing.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

1) Conversely it will proceed just fine without him. Crocodile tears for Comey.

2) You are not posturing for political favor. Democrats doing that now were calling for his resignation.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  15. JayVols

16. JayVols

Well ok, then.

17. TennTradition

I don't mean to argue that some democrats haven't been disingenuous both in wanting him fired and to some extent in worrying about him being fired. There are political motivations here. Always.

But at the same time I refuse to let their political posturing somehow normalize the Comey firing. It was highly unusual. I do not think that Trump thought he was cornered and fired him ala Nixon. However I do believe that Trump thinks that if he can just quiet the detractors that everyone will love him. However, I think it was a miscalculation that Comey's refusal to play the game publically was a bigger problem than the upheaval would be from firing him.

18. JayVols

Is Trump guilty of crocodile tears for Clinton seeing how one reason given for the firing was that Comey was too mean to her?

Hypocrisy and false indignation abounds among all.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If they were not complaining about Trump/Comey today it would be some other Trimp/Complaint du jour.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Absolutely. When he praised Comey back then he was of the opinion that Comey would be more supportive.

When Comey failed to back him on the wire tap claim and did not quickly shut down the Russia collusion rumor then his opinion changed and he fired him.