POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The courts only matter when its expedient or they think they’ll win.

Otherwise, they argue that the Constitution basically makes the House a large fraternity who merely holds preliminary hearings.

2. Tenacious D

Speaking of testimony given to the House - where Trump “obstructed” by claiming Executive Privilege - the House Committee keeps talking about “17” witnesses (who neither proved nor corroborated anything, btw)....but there was actually 18.

I wonder what’s in that 179 pages of deposition transcript from that 18th witnesses testimony, and which Schiff has refused to release?

Three guesses as to who does know, and has been sitting on it. Well, thus far, as I type this.

3. Tenacious D

From Dec. 18th:
    What a curse it is, indeed, to see the world so clearly.

So. Damned. Clearly.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Trump admin said he could not go. So he did not go. They chose not to challenge it in court, instead, they impeached him.

5. fl0at_

He is dumb. And he is not politically savvy.

6. fl0at_

If I said you were a charming, good looking and a mentally steady person. How could I back that up with facts?

A picture of you would answer one of the three. An IQ test would answer one of the three. A markedly kind letter would answer one of the three.

The odds of me getting all three in one frame... probably not possible.

And yet you ask me to do the same as "fact" against not... you, whom I have met, romantically, but the President of the United States.

Seems like an unfair ask.

I've stated why I believe he is lying. That's the best I can do.

I can only further state that that he is lying has nothing to do with impeachment. He's been impeached.

Tenacious D likes this.
  7. Tenacious D

Perfectly stated.

Thank you.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Correct; as is his right. Then the challenge it in the Courts and it takes months. The same thing would happen if the Senate calls for witnesses that he does not like. The Dems want the Republican Senators to do what they should have done months ago.

At least if the House had acted we would be several months further along in the process. Just like if Pelosi had of handed the articles to the Senate instead f delaying for weeks we would be further down the path to a resolution.

9. Tenacious D

Wrap it up with a strong, truthful, accurate and utterly unavoidable conclusion:

This entirely partisan impeachment is proof positive that the Democrats don’t give a single shit about the rule of law, due process, the Judiciary, individual rights, or even the Constitution itself; and not only when it’s hostile to their chosen and desired aim, but merely inconvenient to its timing.

They don’t love their country above all else, and they’ve now committed such an egregious act as to finally risk being ripped out by the root.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The Constitution? Due process? What the [uck fay] are you taking about? You don't have a clue about the impeachment process and only use these stupid ass buzz words nd phrases because your primary objective is saving your hero above all else.

There's nothing yet which has violated the Constitution or any prior procedures on impeachment. You're such a [dadgum] nitwit.

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I have been bothered all along with the House dropping the subpoenas and moving along. I believe this was because they thought they would lose and after a loss, impeaching anyway would have looked even worse.

Volst53 likes this.
  12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It's all bullshit.

No one is coming at this with clean hands. Biden cooked up a crocked deal with tons of cronyism and abused his position. Trump handled it very poorly looking into and overstepped.

I think way more people have issues with the cronyism though

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Clearly not, or they'd be looking at the present.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They lost and have acted like spoiled children since. Participation trophy effect, or PTE.

15. Unimane

Based upon the polling, I don't think so. If they did, the whole Jared and Ivanka Show would've been shut down a long time ago. I'm not sure the Hunter Biden job really resonates outside the right wing echo chamber. A rich and connected kid gets a cushy job? That's an every day thing. It only matters if it affects US policy in any way.

16. Unimane

Please. Republicans set the standard for spoiled children in the sandbox. At least the Democrats area actually trying to pass bills and have a justified case for impeachment, even in the face of the usual GOP obstructions.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Attached Files:

18. Tenacious D

It’s not just Biden, and isn’t limited to him alone. Many, many, many have similar arrangements, mostly on the Dem side, but on both sides of the aisle.

If Biden can be investigated and held accountable, so can anyone else. That’s the fear that’s pushing things now.

19. Tenacious D

The Madcap.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have no issue with investigating it. Let's investigate them all. Has no bearing on the matter before the senate.