Romney Intends to be "Unapologetically Aggressive" Toward Obama

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

From an article detailing the Romney Camp's intended strategy of aggressively attacking the President, not only in stark contrast to the McCain slap-fest of 2008 - but who may also give Conservatives exactly what they most want - someone unafraid to fight (finally?).

This might be little more than a scorched earth campaign from a desperate candidate, and which will accomplish little......but that there is an infinitely higher amount of anti-Obama sentiment in the GOP than there is a strict Pro-Romney affection, it might also be exactly what will prove most effective.

Link: Mitt Romney Wins Over The Right By Confronting Obama

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd like to see it because mccain most definetely didn't fight for it. but every poll has shown that the american people do like obama as a person, so he obviously can't go too far without losing some people.

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Hopefully "liking" him and voting for him become separate. I know people that I like a lot but would never vote for them for an office.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Does it mean personal attacks? I think there's plenty to attack without really going there.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Which is why I think McCain held back. Obama was well liked in 2008, and had far less on his resume to attack. Other than his experience and some questionable affiliations, there wasn't much ammo against Obama back then.

6. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

He has all the soundbites he needs on the economy....and the shovel ready BS. I don't see why it even has to get personal. If the asshats in this country reelect BHO.....we will get what we deserve ladies and gents. It is a sure sign that MTV and Kim Kardashian officially rule the world.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

well when you start talking about failed policies and his academic background some would argue that's personal. so far i'm liking what i'm seeing from romney though.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

In my opinion, 40% of the population is liberals who will only vote for a Democratic candidate no matter who they put up (similar for the right). I am hopeful for:
    * 20% in the middle use some common sense
    * Liberal voter apathy keeps them at home
    * Dislike of Obama causing a heavy turnout for the right

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if the jobs numbers keep looking this bad romney might win in a landslide. even some of my most liberal friends are telling me they aren't excited about obama anynmore. i'm hoping that those people stay home as you said. i do wonder if romney being a mormon is going to be an issue though.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Freedom and equality are really important to me. I will likely vote for Obama despite the obvious economic cost of doing so simply because of that. If conservatives gave a damn about equality or what a secular government looks like, it'd be different. That's where they lost me.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm with you in being disgusted by that, but i'm not convinced the pandering to the right wing wackjobs has really resulted in any actual legistlation. or at least not much. i see the GOP as the far lesser of two evils when it comes to the good of the country. i'd probably vote libertarian if the party wasn't full of some serious wackjobs that make the tea party look rather tame.

12. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

I'd love to have a libertarian option...and I consider myself to be a christian. I despise the legislation of morality but can make no distinction between somebody making me pray or somebody taking all of my money. Personally, I'd rather be made to pray. That doesn't cost a dime.

In regards to equality...I think great strides have been made under Republican and Democratic presidents. I don't think that either have much effect on real social discourse. With political correctness run amok it is impossible to have any real public discussion on the matter anyway.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What perceived inequalities concern you?

14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I won't vote for Obama because of the economic cost. I personally don't give a rat's ass what his position is on abortion or gay marriage nor do I give a rat's ass what Romney's position on it is. The president isn't going to have an impact on that anyway.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that's my take as well and i doubt the president (either repub or democrat) is going to go strong after any of those issues since they want to get reelected.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gay marriage, women's choice and women's reproductive rights, putting a particular religion above all others.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't under this perceived war on women's rights.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

abortion and birth control are legal in all 50 states.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Then you're probably on the other side of the battle line.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

We both know abortion is very threatened, and I never would have dreamed it but so is birth control as of late.